When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hublot Big Bang King Black Magic 2011 - Rep issue with CF dial or is there ....?!

PeteM

Hi guys

I have been researching this model and have found several threads regarding the rep CF dial... these have discussed the typeface on the dial not being horizontally level with the weave of the CF... and also vertical plumb issues...

Here is a pic of the rep showing an extreme of the issue...

30.jpg

I have tried to show what I mean and what guys have been commenting on..

But after many hours researching the gen I have found this issue is not the issue you might think...

Many of the gens I have looked at have this same issue... in fact all the gens have this issue to varying degrees...

These variations are not solely in respect of the typeface but also the level of DW or the hour markers etc....in relation to the CF weave.

So here is a pic of the gen showing the same issue ... admittedly its not as pronounced as the rep above but it is clearly visible.

I have also found talking to dealers that the reps vary... so if you are thinking of buying one.... Just make sure you contact your dealer explaining that you will not except extreme variations of this flaw and will order on the basis he will provide a decent overall dial.... then you can be content in knowing that the gen has exactly the same type of issues...

photo12.jpg

photo52.jpg

Now this comment applies to the latest version of the BM 2011 with Hi beat not the older version with Lo beat.

I thought I would share in the hope it helps with some of the concerns you guys have raised about this particular issue :)

TBH I am not buying one myself.. its just something I needed to find the answer to !! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

many thanks for clearing things up. but the cf weave is different, isn´t it?

No mate.... the weave is very good..... I ended up with one in my hand... what your seeing is a QC pic and light variations....

If you see them both together in varying lights they are very very close..

If anything I might say if I were being really anal.... that the dial needs a slight coat of lacquer... but you really would not notice TBH unless you went looking for it... and had both in hand

Another small issue again something you cant really see unless under close in your hand examination is the DW.... the gen is very smooth and rounded edges... the rep is slightly rougher but as I say it needs to be looked at closely to see.... and of course rep models do vary in consistency... so some are better than others... as with the dial typeface...

if you are after one then make sure you talk to dealer before ordering explaining what you are looking for... and probably best going to bigger dealers who know if you kick one back they can still sell it... because they cannot send em back to maker especially the H maker !! ;) So get an agreement to your conditions before ordering...

And of course the CB is wrong... shouldnt be a limited edition.... However the V1 version is correct !! They never fail to get something different to the fisrt version..!!!

• 2 weeks later...