When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to purchase movement parts?

I have a full parts list for the 2836-2 but you will need to be more specific as there are a couple of parts that it could be. Is this an ETA part or is it a piece that is made by the Chinese rep factories?

I don't know who makes this - whether it's ETA or Chinese rep guys...

I counted 80 teeth on the gear, and it measures about 7mm in diameter. Here are pictures of it.

11913-4291.jpg

11913-4292.jpg

thats the modified gear actually, why dont u just spot weld it or use a miniature solder and solder teh tube back in place , from the bottom and then sand it down, there r also some strong airplane ahesives like metalset A4 that may hold it , hope this helps, u may could get one from a dealer, but i bet he will be slow about it or doesnt want to worry with it unless u go tot the dealer u got it from he should help u at a very low price,

thats the modified gear actually, why dont u just spot weld it or use a miniature solder and solder teh tube back in place , from the bottom and then sand it down, there r also some strong airplane ahesives like metalset A4 that may hold it , hope this helps, u may could get one from a dealer, but i bet he will be slow about it or doesnt want to worry with it unless u go tot the dealer u got it from he should help u at a very low price,

Hey Joe,

Thanks for the pointers..but I don't have any of those welders or solder equipment. I tried using some krazy glue to glue it back, but when I was cleaning off the excess, it just came apart again, and now I've got glue inside the shaft and it won't fit back over the minute shaft, so I'm thinking it would just be best to get a new part.

I actually don't care about the watch anymore - it's a writeoff to me. I'm just interested in seeing if I can get it working again on my own. I've already mucked up the 12:00 date changeover gearset and scratched the dial with a generic presto hand remover. Even if I get it working again, I really doubt it would see much wrist time - It doesn't feel comfortable to me at all with all the sharp edges on the bracelet and case. I'm more looking forward to the Asian SMP GMT I ordered.

It's really funny to see now - I have an Exp 2 with a scratched dial that can only tell minutes and seconds. Maybe I can sell it as a 60 minute stopwatch :lol: