When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Out of the Box GMT?

VesperMatt

Haven't posted here in a while but just received delivery of a TC Sub and the bug has bitten me again.

Anybody want to comment on the best out of the box GMT currently available? I am traveling next month and think a GMT will be fun. Since I am going to be doing a lot and walking different cities, I don't want something that I'll be upset over if I lost it or it got stolen. All of my current watches, aside from the TC, are frankens.

Right now I'm thinking a Cartel white Explorer II, but the crooked 12 o'clock marker has me bothered. Can you straighten that out? Any other good reps out there right now that are cheap and decent out of the box, with no big tells? I'm avoiding the new orange hand Explorer IIs because I think they're a tad large for my wrist.

Okay, you want something which you're not going to worry about if it gets lost/stolen/trashed? That means you need something which is essentially disposeable, and Cartel costs are not disposeable... I suppose the Exp II's movement has an adjustable GMT hand to provide GMT function, but, that's still a complication, compared to the GMT rotating bezel. Therefore, I'd like to propose this as a disposeable solution to your requirements :good::drinks:

Something like that should work, thanks :notworthy: I've never heard of CQ, I'm guessing its sort of like ioffer?

I had been looking at the white Explorer Trusty has for $118. I don't PLAN to lose the watch, but I'm not looking for something to mod and then if something happened to it, kick myself in the ass for time/money lost. I was searching the forums here but most GMT posts are about crazy accurate builds so I thought I'd just throw the question up here.

Something like that should work, thanks :notworthy:I've never heard of CQ, I'm guessing its sort of like ioffer?

I had been looking at the white Explorer Trusty has for $118. I don't PLAN to lose the watch, but I'm not looking for something to mod and then if something happened to it, kick myself in the ass for time/money lost. I was searching the forums here but most GMT posts are about crazy accurate builds so I thought I'd just throw the question up here.

Pretty much, but they have standards on CQout, three negative feedbacks, and a seller is automatically and irrevocably banned. There's also an in house escrow system, so if something does go wrong, your funds go back in your account :) I know what you mean, and absolutley, no sense in throwing money at something which might come to a sticky end, although it should meet your needs :) The seller does have Exp IIs (not sure about the more modern variant without checking) but the GMT will at least give you a GMT function :good::drinks:

PS I wouldn't necessarily say this is 'the best' ootb, but I think it's probably the best solution to your needs :)