When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor 7922 Big Crown

Nanuq

Sorry brother. Got side tracked. have been putting some work on Duke's 666 and the Tudor has taken a back seat. Took a custom order and well, the Tudor will have to wait.

On a different note, I found two 5514 cases in a trade that look really good :) maybe when I'm done with the custom work I can finish my 5514 and the big crown.

So far I have all of the parts for a big crown build minus the bezel assembly.

• 7 months later...

Keep watching Nanuq, keep watching. been working on some watches this weekend and finally have a decent work area after moving and everything else that is going on. Duke's watch is coming along beautifully(His Franken 16660) working on a few Sapphire subs and will be posting pictures in a few days(had to setup a small light box for better pictures) and Got a tool grinder gor those CG deletes I plan this summer. Thanks to a fellow member I am using a 6541 bezel assembly for the BC Tudor( I know it is not the optimal choice, but for now it has to work due to my budget) and the dial is looking sweet. I am also aging a 6154 case for a Rolerai build.

For my birthdate this year I want to finish the BC. We shall see if I can spring the dough for the jewelry and watch option and the 7206 bracelet you helped me with.

BC Tudor build:

Modified slim MBW 5513 case(I know I know) this one had a butchered stem tube hole and bastardized CG

Chi Tudor 7928 dial(but waiting on a HR 100m gilt dial to compare) Probably NDT originally

Athaya 8mm crown and tube

Gen tudor serviced manual wind movement

Gen Tudor gilt hands aged to next millenium

Genish 7206 bracelet with now gen clasp

modified gen T19 crystal(still looking for a decent T16)

Update here as there's no search function yet and no favorite/recent content

Hey E, take some measurements of your bezel, eh? ID and OD. And does it click over a triangular old school retaining ring?

I might have something for you.

:whistling:

The bezel is off a PT 6542. Has a funny setup. It basically snaps over the retaining ring, but get this, there is an oring that goes between the case and the bezel for "friction" I cannot complaint though, it was free and looks the parts after the aging and some gold schpackle paint and rough sanding. Definitely not the old school paperclip setup

I will shoot you the measurements when I get home. 

E

• 2 months later...

Case reshaping done this week in stages. This in an old MBW case that I built my 7928 on that I ended up "fudging" by trying to use a 703 gen crown on and well, long story short, I chugged it in the tool box for a possible big crown conversion. I need to get a big crown from adrian as his tubes are hefty. This is a Silix type big crown now until I can get the funds/order into Adrian. 

I have a HR signed tudor 100m dial coming and should be ok for this case. Matching hands too. 

The case IS water proof. Eventually if I can afford it I will get a Phong bezel assembly and t16 crystal and call this done. For now I am enjoying the build as I hate throwing stuff away. 

The bezel assembly I got from a fellow member off his 6241 case. The friction is obtained by means of a rubber o-ring. I doubled the o-rings in order to fill the crystal retainer o-ring grove for the modern plexi sub bezel.  Still missing a bezel insert, but I am patient. 

The case needs more sanding and buffing, but after 5 hours this week, this is what I have. 

My old 7924 dial and manual wind movement will be left alone for another build. 

• I trimmed the case on the sides by 5.mm and re-profiled the lugs
  • Slimmed down the case back as well by the same amount
  • Recurved and slimmed the tops of the lugs
  • slight bezel under the side of the case
  • Beveled and repolished the case back
  • Flattened the case back by .5mm

null_zps4a0fe728.jpg

null_zps9a4dfe47.jpg

null_zps045b180e.jpg

null_zpsa95aa5a8.jpg

null_zps8fda64f1.jpg

null_zps300deee2.jpg

null_zps6e2d0ef8.jpg

null_zps7d19a609.jpg

null_zps880089d9.jpg

null_zps8be104a3.jpg

null_zpse68a2fa1.jpg

null_zps22f340a7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi-jacked again :)

The HR dial is really, really nice. With a little oven bake time one can darken the lume markers and "kill" the glow. Not doing that just yet. The hands are  tad on the long side as they are intended for the bigger case. In a gen like case(gen dimensions/construction) one will need to source different hands. I have some gold Tudor hands from ST coming my way and will compare. The lume is crazy on the HR though. I may when money and time allow build one of those homage watches just to try. 

E

null_zpsad590811.jpg

null_zpsfcf0f7ec.jpg

null_zpsb129f740.jpg

null_zpsac5ecd10.jpg

null_zps2a069a11.jpg

I love it when some Hi-jacks this thread. I've never seen close ups to Helenarou's dial. It's impressive. Just wish they would come up with a closer to gen case case specs. Also, show some more updated pics of that improved MBW! Sent Via Tapatalk HD
For the money is not a bad dial. Too large for a gen type case, but in a silix case or raffles-time I think it will be perfect. The dial is originally a 29mm dial. I trimmed 1mm off but the HR hands are a tad long.

That's great progress on the case! Remember thinner is better... these things are almost invisible from the side.

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1380776033.461117.jpg

Thanks big brother. I will be working on the 5514 this weekend as I want to get that project finished already. The Tudor will get more file time later in the week