When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6263 Build Help

cjjoyce1

Calling on all you great modders and 6263 builders. I've run into a dilemma I need help and advice with.

I'm modding a Cartel 6263 for my son. He bought the watch last December and I've been carefully watching, researching, and buying based on how to best work with the base watch I have.

After reading the excellent side by side review on the various bezels, I got a NY one off fellow member MIKE32500 - (great guy and transaction BTW, Thanks!). And now here comes the issue. The Cartel case has a much larger seat under the crystal and rehaut than others, like 2mm in diameter bigger. After having the Cartel bezel side by side to the NY one, there is absolutely no way that Cartel one is going back on this watch.

So. Which would be easier in peoples opinion. Opening up the bezel to fit on the case, or shaving down the lip on the case to work with the bezel?

JMB, your thoughts please?

Thanks everyone for looking.

The 6263 you have is a seagull powered one right? Posting pictures of the watch and movement always help. Some of these watches share nothing with gen or each other, and some share a lot.

Post pictures of the movement and the case. Also, you may be able to unload the NY bezel to recoop the investment as well. E

Here is the case. You can see the size of the lip.

Daytona009.jpg

Daytona002.jpg

Here's a couple side-by-sides of the bezel. Cartel always on the left, NY on the right. You can see some major differences right away. The Cartel insert is bigger/wider. The inside lip of the bezel on the Cartel is noticeably smaller, almost invisible from certain angles. From underneath, the size difference in the relief cut for the lip is substantial - not some simple shave job.

Daytona003.jpg

Daytona013.jpg

Daytona006.jpg

Daytona004.jpg

The print differences are astronomical too.