When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling TransOcean Chronograph, why not?

epilan

Everybody is saying don't buy Breitling TransOcean Chronograph, but I'm not sure why?

I was looking this one, and I love the way it looks:

http://www.timeshops.net/11701-br0190fo-breitling-transocean-1884-white-dial-ss-lt-asian-7750-28800bph.html

I know that datewheel isn't working and Asia Valjoux 7750 isn't best movement out there, but is there something more?

I only have one replica and few gen watches, so okey I'm newbie (honestly), but I really appreciate all of your replies.

Thank you.

beauty is in the eye of the beholder...so decide for yourself what YOU feel is best...personally, i like the looks of this watch...i certainly own my share of gen and rep Breitlings...

being new to the forum, you need to decide if you need a rep to be "replimaniacally accurate" or not...as you read posts/reviews/comments you'll see that many of us compare to gen...its part of the hobby...most reps have flaws - some more than others...so it's up to you what you like...in my collection - i have quite a few inaccurate reps; and some of these are my favorites...i have some reps where a minor flaw from gen bugs me enough i sell/trade it...very subjective...

the reviews on the asian 7750 in its various configurations are all over this forum...in tri-compax form (3-6-9) subdials, the major flaw is the sunken datewheel...it does work, but its not flush with the dial...Importr (a well respected forum member) has posted a mod one can do to raise it - but you have to know what you are doing...

welcome to RWG...stay awhile....and experiment with what you like...i've gone thru various phases of what i like and what i don't like...so will you...but ultimately, its you who wears the watch in your environment - so only you know best...

R-

hackR: Thank you very much. That sunken datewheel might be a dealbreaker, because if i'm paying 300+ dollars, I don't want major visual bugs. It doesn't have to be perfect rep, because I do not care so much comparison between gen and rep.

But if it look like this: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2436/3576037013_bbeef8d6e5.jpg

then it's a dealbreaker.

Btw here is a solution for the sunken DW of the Asian 7750:

http://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?showtopic=1510