When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki dial and hands eta fit help

archierocks

hi guys i got a Yuki 1675 dial and the $38.00 gmt hand set to fit an ETA2824/2836 now i have tried about 4 movements and 2 2836-2 and none of them fit either the dial without cutting the legs or the hands the gmt goes no where near it

have i been really thick and missed out on something or is it just they dont fit as yuki suggests any help would be appreciated to get this one finished the case RA did for this mocks me every morning to be finished

The gen style dial legs will not fit the ETA 28xx movements, they will have to be cut to use it. If you decide to cut the legs to use the dial, dial dots, glue or Yuki's dial legs and tutorial on his site will help. BUT, make certain that the thickness of the dial allows enough of the GMT pinion through for the GMT hand to 'bite' on.

The hour, minute and second hands should fit if Yuki said they would, the Tudor hands are what is used on ETA 28xx movements. The GMT 4th hand Yuki has fits the gen at 1.7mm, and will NOT fit the converted ETA 28xx movements. I have successfully broached only one, the others broke. RafflesTime has the GMT 4th hand that will fit the converted ETA movement at 2.0mm.

Yep, join the crowd who have already been driven mad by this!

The 6542 and 1675 hand stack has the GMT/4th hand on the bottom. The genuine movement and ETA 2893-2 are the same, taking the 1.7mm hand. The ETA 28xx movements that are converted/modified to GMT use a 2.0mm pinion, which is the same as the DG3804B. So Yuki may have sent you the wrong one. Use a caliper and measure the GMT pinion.

i will do i have emailed yuki but i bought them a few months ago so doubt he will do anything thansk guys maybe i should just use a diff movement rather then the eta need to go through my box see if anything fits

See reply #4. The only ETA movement that is a designed GMT movement is the ETA 2893-2, which takes the same size GMT/4th hand, 1.7mm, as the genuine Rolex 6542 and 1675 movements. All the other ETA movements that have a GMT function are modified to be GMT. Measure the GMT pinion. If it measures 2.0mm then you need the GMT hand that fits the DG3804B/ETA 2836-2 - ETA 2646 movements.