When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken TC SUB project

Inertiadrifter

Sean's bracelet is like the TC v2 bracelet I believe. The v3 is may more betterer ;)

You need a gen spec tube for the Sean case. There are very good aftermarket ones so you don't need gen.

Did he fix the 16610 to read 16610T yet?

Lastly, and this is hard to tell in assembled but is your cyclops crooked?

Can't wait for pics! Thanks for sharing

First part: I will tell you next week.

Second part, deep teeth. You're more likely to see a gen without lugholes and a deep toothed bezel in the wild. At least in my experience... I'm a tech at a small BMW/Benz/Porsche/Ferrari shop and a few of our customers are gen owners. I only see a few no-lughole subs but they all have deep teeth, even without engraving. All the shallow teeth I see are on earlier subs with tritium dials and 93150 bracelets.

Yes, please keep me posted.

Also I notice that as well, I manage a restaurant in a pretty nice/well off neighborhood and the subs I see has deep teeth and shinny/polished finish to them.

Can somebody tell me what model number that is? Or I can just specify newer bezel when doing research?

IMHO, a gen tube and crown are just like finishing touches and a personal thing. The BK tube and crown(latest version) as well as the TC ones are pretty darn good and are capable of keeping everything water tight for most conditions. The Gen tube and crown I put in my case are there because I wanted it so for my own personal well being(slight case of OCD)

E

BTW, did any of the lughole cases ever ship with 92350s? Perhaps the late model lug cases like Y or F serials?

You definitely see lughole cases with 92350 bracelets on TRF, VRF, and eBay. Just wondering if those bracelets were replaced after the initial purchase or if Rollie ever shipped 'em that way.

Example: here

I kinda figure with the TC bezel the way it is, and most lughole cases having the steeper cut teeth, perhaps for those not wanting to drop the coin on a gen bezel, drilling out the lugs on the TC case and mating it with a V3 92350 is a good way to fly...

BTW, did any of the lughole cases ever ship with 92350s? Perhaps the late model lug cases like Y or F serials?

You definitely see lughole cases with 92350 bracelets on TRF, VRF, and eBay. Just wondering if those bracelets were replaced after the initial purchase or if Rollie ever shipped 'em that way.

Example: here

I kinda figure with the TC bezel the way it is, and most lughole cases having the steeper cut teeth, perhaps for those not wanting to drop the coin on a gen bezel, drilling out the lugs on the TC case and mating it with a V3 92350 is a good way to fly...

I believe the P-series would have had lugholes, a "SWISS MADE" dial and a 93250 from the factory. Perhaps some others in the vicinity would have shipped the same as well. Drilling the case is a great idea but honestly, the TC teeth are still shallower then my early (tritium era) gen bezel so I maintain that swapping it out is the best way to go...

But it's fun splitting hairs;)

Fidhle is right on, the only other point is as far as I can tell if it came with lug holes it came with a flat 4 insert. No lug holes and it came with the triangle 4 insert. I have seen pictures of no lug hole cases with flat fours but I don't think that they came that way.

Flat 4 insert can be either tritium (16800 and 16610 up to around 1999) or luminova (1999-2000 dial SWISS and 2001-2003 SWISS MADE dial, SEL and lugholes cases)

From 2004 with no holes cases it's pointed 4 and lumi of course.

Service inserts are pointed 4 only

Flat 4 insert can be either tritium (16800 and 16610 up to around 1999) or luminova (1999-2000 dial SWISS and 2001-2003 SWISS MADE dial, SEL and lugholes cases)

From 2004 with no holes cases it's pointed 4 and lumi of course.

Service inserts are pointed 4 only

Thanks! :)

But it's fun splitting hairs;)

Fidhle is right on, the only other point is as far as I can tell if it came with lug holes it came with a flat 4 insert. No lug holes and it came with the triangle 4 insert. I have seen pictures of no lug hole cases with flat fours but I don't think that they came that way.

Absolutely correct about the insert. But inserts get replaced all the time. Very common to see triangle 4 inserts on lug hole cases these days... The flat 4 lumi insert is getting harder and harder to find.