When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken TC SUB project

Inertiadrifter

LOL. Guys come on.. Z serial, F serial. They're the same. Are you really concerned about the cut of the teeth on the bezel? I agree the only question is whether to build an M or something without the rehaut engraving. The bezel is not necessarily an identifying feature when you start to notice what's really out there in the wild (gen-wise)....

Edited by chieftang

The bottom one.

The bottom one is an F serial (no lug holes).

But the dial on the top one is older, so that is possible...

The top one also has no lug holes. D serial. Newer dial. The pic isn't great, but then it's not much worse than when sitting on the wrist either. ;)

Edited by chieftang

Ok, so the top one is newer. Called it. D-serial is about the era I'm talking about, when they changed the bezels.

The gen bezel absolutely will not fit a Sean ring as it's almost a half-millimeter too small. You need a gen, or gen-spec ring. I'll try my gen bezels (I have an old one and a new one, shallow and deep teeth) on the TC when it gets here and do some comparison shots with the new rep bezel I've found. Hopefully that can clear up all the questions!

Ok, so the top one is newer. Called it. D-serial is about the era I'm talking about, when they changed the bezels.

Heh.. You said the top one was older though.

Nevertheless I see your point. Non-lughole cases can have either bezel, but the newer bezel is far more common. Older cases can have newer dials too, via service replacement. So, my point is that it's not worth sweating over, unless you're dead set on reproducing a newer serial 16610 for some reason (which is perfectly valid).

The gen bezel absolutely will not fit a Sean ring as it's almost a half-millimeter too small.

Doubted it would. The Sean dimensions are off with regards to bezel.

You need a gen, or gen-spec ring. I'll try my gen bezels (I have an old one and a new one, shallow and deep teeth) on the TC when it gets here and do some comparison shots with the new rep bezel I've found. Hopefully that can clear up all the questions!

That'll be good.

Edited by chieftang

Guys, keep the comments coming!!!

I am learning alot

My 2 part question is, since we are discussing bezels, 1: would a GEN bezel assembly fit my TC Sub

And 2: should I get a bezel with shallow teeth or deep teeth?

My TC sub doesn't come with Rehaut engravings. So im going for the F or D serial Submariner

Again, your help is truly appreciated

First part: I will tell you next week.

Second part, deep teeth. You're more likely to see a gen without lugholes and a deep toothed bezel in the wild. At least in my experience... I'm a tech at a small BMW/Benz/Porsche/Ferrari shop and a few of our customers are gen owners. I only see a few no-lughole subs but they all have deep teeth, even without engraving. All the shallow teeth I see are on earlier subs with tritium dials and 93150 bracelets.