When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black printed letters on caseback of DSSD fading?

Smab

Hello to all. I recently discovered that two of the letters on the caseback of my DSSD has faded completely. The last two letters ("ER") in the printing "SEA-DWELLER". The printing is made of some sort of black ink. Now the letters are just blank, like only the etching in the caseback printing remains. No trace of the black ink whatsoever. I think it is very strange. Is it possible that the ink they have used, is water solulable. That if it is a warm day, and I sweat a lot, it will dissapear? :g: Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this phenomen B)

The strangest thing is, noone of the other letters seem to be affected and is clear black, as they should be.

I used to believe that the caseback of this watch was very good, and would not be a tell, if someone examined the watch. There are of cource other obvious tells on the front of the watch, revealing it as a rep, rather than the real deal, but it makes me have kind of a headeake knowing it is rather silly looking, even though I know it is a rep :clap2: