When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen industry Ops?

kowalski608

Hey all,

Been a member for several years, have learned a lot about watches, both gens and reps. Purchased a total of 5 reps thus far and have been needing to limit purchases to keep things under control heh.

In viewing the discussion postings it's come to thought that perhaps there are some members who are posting with a purpose of discrediting and confusing our hobby/purchases (eg "airport confiscations", "people calling them out for wearing a rep", etc). Sometimes these posts feel like they have a covert intention to scare us from purchasing etc. I'm thankful for the reassuring and correcting replies from the sage members.

Perhaps it's my paronid side coming out, but has anyone else noticed this pattern? I'm not calling for a witch hunt, perhaps the best way to handle these guys is by replying with factual info etc. Has anyone else seen subtle examples of what I'm describing?

Cheers~

Hi,

I sincerely feel that there was no hidden intentions of the thread starters in the topics you mentioned (yes i have seen them) to discredit, scare or confuse the rep collectors. I think that they were mostly voicing their concerns or experiences, and they are actual rep collectors themselves, with genuine concerns to share. If you do follow the topics and the posts listed within, you would find that members WOULD respond with similar concerns or share facts concerning the specific situation or concerns being discussed. I also think that the original posts themselves were factual as far as the individual thread starters were concerned.

After all, this is a place where such concerns and opinions should be voiced, and where worries and fears get allayed. ;)

Worry not, you're in the right place with the fight folks. lol

Hi,

I sincerely feel that there was no hidden intentions of the thread starters in the topics you mentioned (yes i have seen them) to discredit, scare or confuse the rep collectors. I think that they were mostly voicing their concerns or experiences, and they are actual rep collectors themselves, with genuine concerns to share. If you do follow the topics and the posts listed within, you would find that members WOULD respond with similar concerns or share facts concerning the specific situation or concerns being discussed. I also think that the original posts themselves were factual as far as the individual thread starters were concerned.

After all, this is a place where such concerns and opinions should be voiced, and where worries and fears get allayed. ;)

Worry not, you're in the right place with the fight folks. lol

Oh I agree with you, there are many genuine posts and I have learned a lot from them. I just wonder if there are some covert postings to subvert the form. In the end I think the consistent replies from the members keeps all in check.

Cheers

Edit: forum not form heh.

Edited by kowalski608