When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help with a V3 SA Movement Spacer Ring / Case Ring

JJBliss

I'm desperately trying to get a Gen B13 movement installed in a brand new V3 case to finish my Franken SA.

Looks like I didn't know enough to ask for the movement spacer ring that matches the V3 case I ordered. Apparently, there is a small difference between the movement spacer ring for the V2 case that I have and the one for the V3 case. It seems that the internal diameter of the V3 case is just 2mm (or so) narrower then the V2 case I am replacing and the spacer ring won't fit.

Is this part available for the V3 case? Is there ANY chance in hell that any of you actually HAVE one of these here in the states. I've already tried Toro and he doesn't have access to this part.

Below is the message I got from The Zigmeister in Canada about the V3 case I sent him:

Can anyone help?

I am willing to buy a broken (cosmetically or movement) V3 from someone and cannibalize it for the ring. Anyone?

-----------

On Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 9:32 AM, The Zigmeister wrote:

The new case is missing its movement spacer ring. Old case versus new one is not the same or compatible - old inner diameter 39mm/new inner diameter 37mm

- old = short pushers and extenders on spacer

- new = long pushers and no extenders

- need missing spacer -

Please see ref photos.

f4be6b93.jpg

5c5c39e3.jpg

8da7dfc1.jpg

2e4795f8.jpg

Hmmm interesting. I suppose the old ring thickness is too small to allow for zig to chuck it up in the lathe and turn down its OD to make it fit too.

You might ask about having him about fabricating a custom spacer on the lathe. But that's time consuming and maybe not cost effective for a Franken SA.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner