When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why gen watch owners hate reps....

alterego

I must confess that I never thought my question in the previous thread would rise so many questions and views of this issue, 115 replies so far.

Good time for drawing some conclusions. I suggest these, that seem to have been lost when I posted them in the the original thread.

1.- Not all gen owners hate replicas and their owners

2.- You can both be really happy

3.- Replica watches have intrinsec as well as extrinsec value

4.- Gen watches have more extrinsec (status marker) than intrinsec value (cost)

5.- So, gen owners have alot more problems acepting rep watches than rep watch owners accepting gen watches

I'm sure I'm missing a lot more conclusions than the ones I mention.

Hey and forgot to say thanks for putting up the question for the forum, certainly makes a change from 'who builds the best sub' :inverted:

Oh another possible

6. There will always be haters either way :inverted:

Enjoy your watches guys both Gen and Rep

I'll add another one, the "justified" one IMO.

Think about an average Joe whose dream is to buy a gen luxury watch. He saves for months, maybe years, until he can afford a decent Rolex. He wears it with pride. I can truly understand why he's going to hate reps and reps owners even more.

Myself, I worked extremely hard to afford my 2 gens, but still buy and wear reps as well. Still, it seems a bit unfair that for other people, my rep SOSF and my gen PO get the same status and appreciation, but who am I to complain?

Hey and forgot to say thanks for putting up the question for the forum, certainly makes a change from 'who builds the best sub' :inverted:

Oh another possible

6. There will always be haters either way :inverted:

Enjoy your watches guys both Gen and Rep

Hey thank you Sgtguk for your comment. I enjoy my gens and reps the same. In the last weeks, I've been wearing a Blanckpain Flyback that cost me a lBen Franklyn and a half (shipping included) and looks as good as the gen.

Cheers !!!