When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to RWG want help finding a watch

w33m4n

Hey guys, I am new to the site and looking for a new watch. I have a lot of watches, Suunto, Bulova, and Luminox just to name a few. However, I do not have any replicas (reps - as I see it called here). I would like to buy a replica Rolex GMT Master II all black or a GMT Master II with a Coke (Black and Red) bezel. I am new to the forum but have done alot of reading and what not but I would feel more comfortable before making a purchase.

I've been looking on trusty time's website and of course there are lots of options, but dont know which to buy. I've read a lot that the 21J movement is good and some people hate it....

This thread has really helped me alot and really makes me feel good about not wasting 100+ dollars on a rep.

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/146667-128-ultimate-vs-gen-sea-dweller/page__hl__%2Btrustytime+%2Brolex

This is another good review I've found:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/90830-review-of-rolex-submariner-wm9-v2/

Basically I need someone to explain to me what the differences are between the possible reps of each one and why there are so many different variations on TrustyTime's website. I just want to get a nice rep that won't break after a week but also replicates the real thing for the best price. I dont mind things being different from the real thing but thats all in the matter of price. If the difference between a 500 dollar rep and a 150 dollar rep is a fake serial number on the inside of the band then obviously thats not worth the difference. I just need help with the explanation. Thanks in advance!

This guy:

picture-128-494x534_0.png

OR

This guy:

e836320.jpg

After doing some more looking I think the watch that I want is the Red / Black coke. Now I need to decide where to buy and which is the closest to gen. Trusty time sells 6 different versions of this watch. They range in movements and they range in different features as well as bands.

Which one is the best? The prices range from 228 to 368....

One has lug holes, one has correct hand stack, one has etching at the 6 o clock position. I could go on and on. I just need to know which is the best that is if anyone knows. Or if a certain one is the best for a base then to mod later. I would prefer not to mod one but if thats necessary and trusty time is a waste of money then I guess I need to goto someone like BK.

The correct hand stack movements can be more than troublesome. The incorrect hand stack 2836 is generally more reliable

I still don't think there is any pre ceramic GMT II rep that would come into the super rep bracket but there are some good ones out there.

I think the best is the BK modded "transformers"

Guest zeleni kukuruz

The gmt that you want is not that good! NO gmt out of the box is good.

But the gmt ii with ceramic insert is good out of the box.

Now if you realy want a nice gmt you should build one yourself or have someone build it for you. Rolexaddict is a member here and hi build me my pcg gmt (pointed crown gards) look at the link, he is building me a new gmt master this time it will be a regular one (normal crown gards)

Its not cheap building your own but it saves you time to hunt for the perfect one!!! And i think the vintage gmt master is the nicest master ever made. Now look at the link and tell me what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

im looking for a gmt 2 myself... very new in this game, so ideally one that i wouldnt need alot of work done too....looking at these 2.

http://www.ttw168.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=9548

http://puretime.co/product/gmt-master-ii-116710-ln-a3186-best-edition

any pointers will be a blessing...

The GMTIIc is a much better "out the box" rep. The new ones that are superlumed are pretty darn good. i believe that the only thoing that would be feasible to make them better would be to have the paint in the ceramic bezel removed and replaced with platinum paint (the genuine uses real platinum), and replace the crystal with one that has the cyclops AR.

The old er GMT Ii's have quite a few "tells" soome are correctable, some are not.The Bk "Transformers were" the best, but no longer available except as used on the rep sales forums