When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ar / Lume Service

omega1

also - how much of a pain is it to take the crystals out. If this guy does it, it would have to be through me. I don't have a crystal press - I don't even have an easy way to get my own crystals off - is this something difficult? for butterfingers?

This info would be useful to me too. I'm considering AR.

You would probably need a crystal press if not for removal then to seat it properly in the gasket. In my experience it can be difficult to remove a crystal with your thumbs, though I am sure it could be done. From memory I think edge pushed out a plastic crystal which is very different to a sapphire crystal seated in a gasket.

All though to remove the crystal you must take out the movement etc.

Here is a thread from Rob that pretty much explains how to remove one Here

You would probably need a crystal press if not for removal then to seat it properly in the gasket. In my experience it can be difficult to remove a crystal with your thumbs, though I am sure it could be done. From memory I think edge pushed out a plastic crystal which is very different to a sapphire crystal seated in a gasket.

All though to remove the crystal you must take out the movement etc.

Here is a thread from Rob that pretty much explains how to remove one Here

Yea, there is definitely variance from watch to watch. The cheaper Rolexes, like Noobs for example, definitely pop out with your thumb. Reseating is a different matter. There was a nice post showing a bench vice being used (with alot of padding) to reseat a crystal. And I'm sure that'd work just fine.

Hmm.

Wonder what the cost is on the SL then.

He sent me an order for as well. This is the price for SL:

The price for a dial relume is typically $78. Hands are typically $34. (12 Superluminova color choices.) Other services are quoted individually. Paypal is preferred. The minimum shop charge is $65.