When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263 Subdial Spacing

dieselpower

I am eagerly awaiting my 6263 back from Domi (got to send him a bezel first then it will be back to me) and I was wondering about the whole movement issue and the obvious subdial spacing issue. To clarify, my watch has an A7750 movement inside. De-rotored, non hacking and (so far) very reliable. My previous 6263 was an EE6263 which I sold to a good friend who invested in a V72 and new dial. He loves the watch, it's worked out really well, he wears it every day, couldn't be happier. So, given that it would cost me circa £1,000 to convert my 6263 to a V72 - which I hasten to add I am very reluctant to do - what is the opinion of the folks here? Is it worth it just for the sake of the subdial spacing? I hasten to add that I don't really care about gen movements, as long as the watch looks good on the outside and the movement is accurate and reliable on the inside I'm happy with ETA, Asian, Seiko, whatever. I just thought I'd ask as it's always interesting to get other peoples take on this. If anyone has both V72 and 7750 powered versions that they regularly wear I'd love to hear what the difference is when you actually wear the watch, how does it make you feel?

I can answer a couple of your questions. I have had both versions and the subdial spacing difference on yours compared to the gen/v72 version is not noticeable. It's a fraction of a mm off. The older cartel versions had the wrong spacing but that was a whole other issue. The tiny diff is enough not to be able to use a v72 dial with an a7750 mvmt, and vice versa. I really don't think you can convert your watch for 1000$ because your case prob won't accept a v72 its not the same case on the inside. Also you would need a new dial that fits onto a v72 movement. You basically wouldn't be able to use any parts from your current a7750 to do the build.

Sorry Freddy I missunderstood you, the second watch is my v727 that I recently sold. It's a phong dial. 550$-600$ but won't fit an a7750

That is what I figured. I was hoping someone had done the impossible. Sadly, I have never seen a 7750 dial with correct subdial size/spacing because the chrono pinions in the plate are in slightly different locations than on the V72. Thanks anyway.

" I really don't think you can convert your watch for 1000$ because your case prob won't accept a v72 its not the same case on the inside. Also you would need a new dial that fits onto a v72 movement. You basically wouldn't be able to use any parts from your current a7750 to do the build. " cc73.

I see, thanks for the info. I had assumed it was possible to fit a V72 into a DW 7750 case because that's exactly what I did with my EE6263. It's no matter. If I build a V72 daytona I'll start with the movement then get case and dial etc afterwards. I'm happy with the look of my DW 6263 so far and for the money I've spent I think its going to be pretty damn good. As a reminder here is what the subdial spacing is going to look like.This is a DW 7750 case with gen glass and an EE6263 dial.

post-2563-0-71827500-1347707529_thumb.jp