When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2 Watches, Same Problem...Please HELP!

kinjomusashi

Hi guys,

I really hope someone can offer me some help, advice, etc.

I'm having a big problem with both my Noob Factory DSSD and Noob Factory LV. Both have Asian ETA 2836 and ceramic bezels. Both watches are only a few months old and I've never opened them or got them serviced.

When I manually wind the watches, after about 6-8 rotations of the crown, I hear a sound. The best I can describe what it sounds like is a spring being wound and then suddenly being released/unwound, releasing all it's energy. I wind it again, and the same thing happens.

The LV has always been doing this since I got it. Also, it will stop with the second hand stuck at 12 about once a day. Picking it up, shaking, or winding usually makes it start again.

The DSSD has never done this until today.

The power reserve in the LV usually lasts less than one day. The DSSD usually lasts about 2+days, but don't know about now. Both watches are kept in a watch winder.

Anyway, I'm pretty upset about this and was hoping someone might be able to tell me what is wrong with them and suggestions on how to fix them or get them serviced. Unfortunately, I still haven't received my Rolex case opening tool so I can't look at the movement or provide pictures.

I'm guessing I'm not the only one who has experienced this with these watches...