When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 90 Movement

Guest Obeyan

Is the rep of the Pam 90 based upon the Valjoux 7750 as the original, or is it based upon another movement?

I really do not think the gen is based in a Valjoux 7750, beacuse that is a chrono movement. In the web it said nothing about the 7750, and in the catalog, it is a Panerai Caliber OP IX.

In the rep is a chinese with seconds at 9. Some reps use a 7750 to have a "sweep" sconds at 9.

I have the 090 and it is a beautiful rep, but the one I have (from Andrew) come with an open back, and the gen is close. I prefer it open :D

I really do not think the gen is based in a Valjoux 7750, beacuse that is a chrono movement. In the web it said nothing about the 7750, and in the catalog, it is a Panerai Caliber OP IX.

In the rep is a chinese with seconds at 9. Some reps use a 7750 to have a "sweep" sconds at 9.

I have the 090 and it is a beautiful rep, but the one I have (from Andrew) come with an open back, and the gen is close. I prefer it open :D

yeah- I know the 7750 is a chrono movement, but I saw this article today- it claims the movement is the 7750 in the newest model. There isn't a date- so I don't know when the article was written.

http://www.paneristi.com/archives/pam90/index.html

ETA 7750 is a chrono movement with seconds at 9 o'clock. This is the movement used in the genuine Arktos PAM092 I believe. The chrono parts of the movement are stripped out so (even in the rep Asian7750) it should be more reliable with no complications. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Hallo Herr Kollege :lol:

yes i have also PAM 090 with open caseback... but the version with solid caseback is much better... solid, heavy and with saphir glass... the version with open caseback is with mineral glass and cost around $80 (silix) and the version with solid caseback cost around $160 (trusty, josh)... i know why the solid version is more expensive... it is much better... i have saw the solid version by a friend.

Edited by tourbillon1801