When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Customs: shipping from US to Germany (UK)

watchfreund

Hi,

I hope you can help me. The problem: I need a fast solution.

I have my hands on two very beautiful watches. Everything is the way I always wanted it. But they are located in the US and I am in Germany. I searched the forums, called friends and asked around - I dont find the best way to do it.

This thread is quite interesting but does not help me a 100%:

I also have a contact in UK. So if this helps? But how do I send the best way?

Please help me!!

Thanks!

Hi,

I hope you can help me. The problem: I need a fast solution.

I have my hands on two very beautiful watches. Everything is the way I always wanted it. But they are located in the US and I am in Germany. I searched the forums, called friends and asked around - I dont find the best way to do it.

This thread is quite interesting but does not help me a 100%: http://www.rwg.cc/to...ny#entry1142712

I also have a contact in UK. So if this helps? But how do I send the best way?

Please help me!!

Thanks!

Do not try to send it to germany as a broken watch for repair unless you have a legitimate watch bussiness and a tax id they wont belive you and try to tax you as import of a gen, some times even if you do have a bussiness they will tax you, ship via the uk if you have a contact there

Buying watches from the US is very tempting for EU guys (like me), but unless you either have a friend in the US where you can store them until someone comes over to the EU bringing them personally, or you have a transshipment address in the UK, Spain or Greece - hands off. The gamble of direct shipment to other EU countries with better organized customs inspection (all except the three mentioned above) is way too risky.