When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breaking Bad Tag Heuer Monaco

irolexu

• 3 weeks later...

Well I dunno. That's the "Tag" logo version, in other words, the "cheap" version, which is almost like a bad rep if you ask me. Still price is a few k, but the watch is easily available, huge run.

Up above that is the Special Edition, which came out in 2010 in a run of 1000. 10k or so, but doesn't have the cheesy "Tag" on the logo, and recreates the original round pushers. Pretty nice piece, and probably a practical daily wearer.

Then at the very top is the original Cal. 11 Heuer 1133B. Interestingly, just as likely to be cheaper than the 1000-unit reedition, though examples in excellent condition can go for 12-15k. Problem with the old square Heuers is they all had an icky rubber seal that bled onto the dial, and a funky case construction that had less-than-optimal water resistance qualities.

I have more to spew on these if you want to hear it. The short of it is: these are not the coolest square Heuers.

Edited by physch

Guest Vintagerep

By cousin bought the rep of that and then moved on to the genuine watch , when compared side by side there's no comparison the rep is smaller and nothing like the gen but on the wrist looks ok , it's not my cup of tea if I'm honest but he loves his .