When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good deal PAM24 ???

fkmnlvm

i'm getting ready to buy this pam24 from this guy in cali. he says that this will be with swiss 7750 movement for $400 shipped. is this a good deal or is ETAworldgoods or somewhere else a safer bet. any thought would be greatly appreciated. thanks. :g:

post-1074-1143358751_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1143358664_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1143358693_thumb.jpg

post-1074-1143358722_thumb.jpg

Edited by fkmnlvm

i guess he said it usually comes with asian movement for $300, but if i wanted to pay an extra $100, i would be able to get it with swiss. think he's full of it?

An ETA movement can cost as low as $50. But it can also cost over $400 too. It depends on the model.

I've bought three asian movement watches in the $300 range, so that's not too far fetched. I don't know what you're getting for the money though. Sapphire glass? Real SS casing? Will the dials fall out in a week?

That's one of the reasons why most stick with the known dealers - we know what we're going to be getting. Anything else is much more risky.

he's telling me everything i want to hear. sapphire, markings, gel strap, and he personally has the pieces shipped to him first for his "QA inspection" before he ships them to me. if i don't like it, i ship it back to him for a refund. he's in the con us so i don't have to wait 2 weeks and pay $20 shipping back to malaysia or shanghai etc...which i've had to do before (pain in the ass). he also has the titanium seawolf with the yellow face and the correct model number on the back which i've been looking for for a while. so, i can get both watches with correct markings, sapphire and swiss in both for $800. it may or may not be worth the risk. i guess i'll have to find out.

he's telling me everything i want to hear. sapphire, markings, gel strap, and he personally has the pieces shipped to him first for his "QA inspection" before he ships them to me. if i don't like it, i ship it back to him for a refund. he's in the con us so i don't have to wait 2 weeks and pay $20 shipping back to malaysia or shanghai etc...which i've had to do before (pain in the ass). he also has the titanium seawolf with the yellow face and the correct model number on the back which i've been looking for for a while. so, i can get both watches with correct markings, sapphire and swiss in both for $800. it may or may not be worth the risk. i guess i'll have to find out.

so you have decided to buy from the guy...hope everything goes well for you...and that you get the item you are suppose to get...and to get them in short period of time...and.....

everything of that would happen if you ordered from dealers over here...

i don't know if that will happen to you, but that i your money&choice....

best of luck!

i must apologize for my impulsive ignorance. after prodding a little more on the movement, the seller retracted his claim on the "swiss" movement in the pam24. it was asian 7750 after all. thanks for doubting the validity of his claims. you probably saved me from spending $800 on poor quality pieces.

The picture you show is of the Asian 21J movement which sells for under $200. You can tell by the hands and the center pinion. The beauty of the Asian 7750 is that it has the right sized center pinion. That configuration is the one for the cheaper movement. No question. Infer what you will. I would stay away. By the way, I had not heard that the Asian 7750 came with an etched bezel either. Pictures clearly have nothing to do with what he is trying to sell you. :blink:

And on the markers question. The A and a few of the B series came with no small markings, Everyone since (of the 24 anyhow) does.

thanks for the info.

the seller goes by swisswatchenthusiast on feebay and leverton_13 on lieoffer. i haven't checked the latter in about 4 months. now that i have, i can't believe i was going to purchase from him. one neg feedback is too many but he's acquired numerous just in the past month. looks like a scammer. what the hell was i thinking.

i'll put my trust in you here. your experience here will be invaluable to my future purchases. thanks again.