When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fed Ex International Priority

mjmj

Just thought to ask what your thoughts here on Fed Ex International Priority is like. In particular the customs' check. With USPS packages do flow under the radar. Is this similar with Fed EX when sending from the US to say Australia? Is FED Ex more stringent with the Customs check?

Thanks

FedEx does it's own customs clearing, that is crucial to them to have real overnight and second day delivery to overseas destinations. i have gotten new genuine watches from Switzerland and customs duty is pretty hit or miss. I have bought several Doxas, and i was charged around 50.00 USd for one and nothing for the other two. i have no idea how it works going the other way, but from what I've heard on the genuine forums, they charge customs duty on just about every package. The second thing that you might consider is what the valuation is. You may get a Rolex submariner rep and get customs charges based on the value of a genuine Rolex!!

I use FedEx and UPS for packages quite frequently here in the USA, because quite frankly, I like the idea of accurate and up to date tracking, which the USPS sadly lacks. For international packages, I usually stick to USPS because they are cheaper, and the paperwork is much simpler. I can fill out a USPS Customs Declaration in about 10 minutes, the last time I tried to do the UPS forms to Camada, it took me and hour to download, fill out and print all the different forms.