When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ultimate no-date Sub-C build

sneed12

Built a few weeks ago, but I've been busy at work, finally have a few free minutes to post some halfway decent pics.

The guts of this build are from the Noob Sub-C (dial has wrong "f" but correct spacing in OFFICIALLYCERTIFIED), hands are from helenarou, case is from Timesshops. This is *not* the same supercase as the last time I built a super-sub-C. Not sure if it's a different run from the factory or if they've switched production. Rehaut engraving is quite good, not quite the same as the other version but still excellent. Unlike the last version of the super case (not sure what I'm going to call these things) this one will not take a gen crystal. Fortunately, for the no-date I don't care, since there's no AR on this crystal. Surprisingly for a model with press-in crystal, it has a nice shiny rehaut ring.

101_4738.jpg

101_4729.jpg

Also, the crown position is high and excellent

101_4731.jpg

101_4733.jpg

However, the caseback doesn't sit flush. The last super case had that problem too but I swapped the Noob caseback onto it; this one uses a different thread size and the Noob case doesn't fit.

101_4732.jpg

Also (and this does bug me a bit) the ceramic insert sits quite high in the bezel. Not crazy high but there is a noticeable lip. I've tried a couple of things to recess it with mixed success.

101_4734.jpg

Painted the insert with platinum paint and installed a PbDad pearl as well.

101_4737.jpg

Overall happy with it. The no-date is definitely growing on me.