When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this the Ultimate Sea Dweller?

d4v1d

Hi friends,

I have always been dealing with Andrew. But I feel like he sometimes ask much more for the same watch. Trevor offers me the same watch for $70 less!

http://v.yupoo.com/p...albums/4303154/ ($178 one)

Andrew charges me $248 for the 2836 movement (+45 shipping costs to Europe)

http://www.ttw168.co...roducts_id=9085

I would like to know what the difference is. I think they are 100% the same. I don't understand why the 2836 is $120 more expensive then the 2813 anyway. Since an Asian 2836 is only about 50 bucks af far as I know.

Thanks.

Edited by d4v1d

the difference is: the price . :pimp:

I feel like Andrew is ripping me off with his prices...

But Angus has the same price. Regarding Andrew it has no super lume. (Which is not true, it does have)

http://puretime.co/p...perlumed-a2836/

Strange detail here.. Angus offers it with the gold superclone movement while Andrew only offers 3135 wanna-b movements.

Edited by d4v1d

Don't feel that Andrew is ripping you off d, if you have a problem with a watch he has supplied he will be onto it straight away, not all dealers are the same ;) That sounds as if I'm slating Trevor off but I'm not ;) far from it they are both good dealers and both TD on this forum too.

Choice is yours d, as a side note why do you think the 2813 is crap? Unless your gonna mod it I suppose :)

Don't feel that Andrew is ripping you off d, if you have a problem with a watch he has supplied he will be onto it straight away, not all dealers are the same ;) That sounds as if I'm slating Trevor off but I'm not ;) far from it they are both good dealers and both TD on this forum too.

Choice is yours d, as a side note why do you think the 2813 is crap? Unless your gonna mod it I suppose :)

True but why would I pay $70 more for the same watch? That's a lot...

2813 is crap because it gains 3min a day, lot of rotor noise, and bad second hand sweep..

I do have to say, the SLSD dial an hands in an SSD case is a lethal combination

What do you mean??

A properly adjusted 2813 can e as reliable as any other movement. I ran a dg2813 for a year straight of daily use drying well within COSC specs.

What I means by the SLSD comment is that the super lined dial and hands in an old SSD case is a killer combination.