When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is the best replica up to date? for the ending year 2012

josecolon47

• 6 months later...

The Noob V2 243 when you factor in the improvement in the fine details, 99% accuracy to gen and overall fit and finish. And they finally perfected the rubber strap. Hopefully they will do the same for the 024 in 2013 smile.png

Hi, I am new here. Not very familiar with rep market.

When you say 99% accuracy. What makes the 1% difference. Dial, crown guard, the brush?

Is there somewhere a detailed comparison of noobv2 vs. gen.?

Thanks.

Hi, I am new here. Not very familiar with rep market.

When you say 99% accuracy. What makes the 1% difference. Dial, crown guard, the brush?

Is there somewhere a detailed comparison of noobv2 vs. gen.?

Thanks.

That one percent can vary greatly from model to model. Sometimes the watch is built nearly 1:1 but the dial color could be slightly off. Date wheel overlay my be slightly off centered. Search the forums and there's plenty of members reviews highlighting the 1 percent. Also remember flaws are inevitable. So what I will consider a minor flaw will be a huge deal to someone else.

For example one of my favorite reps is the superocean steel fish v2. I currently have the black dial (most accurate to the gen IMO) but I am also very partial to the white dial. I consider that a 99 percent accurate rep. Some will disagree because the white dial should be "creamier" so they'll rate that lower.

Hope that helps some.

i think 1% is the rep factor (authenticity, craftmanship, detail to quality) all that in consideration and i bump to a 10%.   Once vacc or other modders make some quality work details or even mods, then i think you got a 95% gen, never 100%.

i have bought many reps of all quality and prices, and the question i always have is "what problem will this rep come with?"

I have bought many gens of all quality and prices, and the question i always have is "when will i have a problem with this watch?" 

on gens... never