When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gold Daytona,newman dial picking up today...

Dave123

When i mentioned the Paul Newman dial and Freddy called bs,thats been bugging me,i trust his Rolex knowledge. Yet anywhere i can find my same watch,i see that mentioned. Heres another...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/UNWORN-MENS-ROLEX-18K-YELLOW-GOLD-DAYTONA-CHAMPAGNE-PAUL-NEWMAN-116528-/160909467631?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item2576f39fef

???

It is called the Paul Newman dial, Freddy was referring to it not being the 'true' Paul Newman watches of the 60's and 70's. Anytime you see the watch you purchased being advertised it will refer to the dial as a Paul Newman dial. The name was given to those models by the public as a way of referencing them like people did with steve McQueen and the 1655. Now it's just a marketing ploy I guess, or a way of cashing in on the popularity of it. You have a gorgeous watch and the dial is a somewhat limited version. Enjoy it!

Yes i know,the watch was sold as advertised then is all i was asking,i got the feeling i was being misled. I know its not a vintage Newman. But it came across as any reference to newman on this watch is bs and as the guy i bought it from i consider a friend,that annoyed me.

So it is a newman dial offcially,as advertised,but just for marketing purposes,by Rolex.

• Like 1

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Wtf, we all know that Dave isent an idiot!!! He knows watches and he has probebly hold more gen watches then most of us!!! I can see way he is a little [censored] of from that sucker punsh!!!

Dave, just laugh mate :D

And BTW, did you know that the white dial panam gmt is real, i swear! ;)

LOL, well gee,of the zilions of forum members,im one of the handfull thats had a member interview. So there. ;)

That dealer was over to my house today with a solid gold Bentley 6.75,things like a brick on my wrist,but my heart is with Breitling,dunno. For once im thinking this Rolex is bling enough and that 6.75 is screaming to much. What a chunk of gold though,that thing. Holy sh it.

Yes i know,the watch was sold as advertised then is all i was asking,i got the feeling i was being misled. I know its not a vintage Newman. But it came across as any reference to newman on this watch is bs and as the guy i bought it from i consider a friend,that annoyed me.

So it is a newman dial offcially,as advertised,but just for marketing purposes,by Rolex.

I vaguely remember reading a few years back that Newman was awarded with a gold Daytona fairly recently (I forget what for) and I think he immediately auctioned it for charity. I may be wrong, but I believe that may be the model you've bought. As for the highlighted bit, he may not have known the ins and outs and simply believed what he'd been told, so possibly an honest mistake. Equally, he could just be a buddy-fucker that thought he could get more cash from you by mentioning Newman's name... Unless this is someone you know on a personal level, ie beers, BBQs, godfather to their kids etc, I'd take it as a lesson in being more discerning about who you consider a friend... Sales staff aren't friends to anyone, and will say anything to part the mark from their money... :bangin:

Other than that, awesome piece :good::drinks:

• 1 month later...