When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Honest Rep Dealer

nobody

I bought a blue dial diamond bazel datejust from "Precious Time" back in April 2009. As soon as I received the watch, the watch is running 6 MINUTES fast EVERY DAY.Soon I sent email to Precious Time, and he told me that was NORMAL.

I wore it occasionally for past 3 and half years even though I need to adjust time every time I wore it. Precious Time told me that was swiss ETA 2836-2.

This past week, suddenly it stop working, and when I shook it, I heard something got loose in the case, and it felt it's big piece, not the small piece. Also, after about half year, the crown felt off screw and there is a tiny spring in the screw. The watch is never been mistreated. I have gen rolex, I used this one like my gen.

Now, I seriously doubt i got a "swiss ETA 2836-2", and I cost me $288 including shipping 3 1/2 years ago. I still have all the email trail.

I wonder if anyone can tell me which dealer(s) can be trusted, so when he/she said it's swiss movement, we get swiss made movement?

It's time to get another rep. now. And yes, as a gen owner, I can definitely vouch that, it's not worth to buy gen.

Thanks in advance,

Nobody

post-22320-0-80903300-1351841515_thumb.j

Edited by nobody

I quite disagree about not buying the gen. I mean having a gen really provides the utility. Knowing that your watch has that much value really has a completely different feel to it. And the perfection of the make, from each detail, knowing that it is how it should be, instead of having minute details that you know is not the gen.

And ofc, the confidence factor is the biggest argument.

Well thats the way I see it. I enjoy my reps, but i appreciate my gens more :D

Just a different emotional feel to reps and gens

Also, try Andrew @ trustytime

Toro

or puretime

They are all very good people.

Edited by folex

I agree, with Noel, the hairspring may be magnetized (or simply sticking) It's not 'normal' for a new watch to do that, but it's not unheard of either... I've never seen a crown fall apart like that, so interesting to see... As for suggesting a dealer, you might as well take your pick of any on the list. They'll all have access to the same stuff, just minor changes in price point and differing amounts of communication contact. Josh is probably The People's Favorite, so you might as well go with him...