When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

first rep order!...waiting on Panerai from toro

mikehutchy

Hi all,

Just received my QC pics from Toro. Really happy with the watch..quality looks great! Only thing I can spot is the position of the hour hand. It should be before 2 if it's 1.50 but it shows after 2. Toro knows this and is going to correct. Also the dial is different than the 'Black Seal' one I had originally ordered but I'm happy with the '8 Days' version anyway!

Mike

Here are the QC pics..

post-48464-0-83485900-1351854463_thumb.j

post-48464-0-04611800-1351854485_thumb.j

post-48464-0-65317200-1351854519_thumb.j

post-48464-0-45701500-1351854542_thumb.j

post-48464-0-55895300-1351854551_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

So my watch arrived today! Looks great. Really surprised considering how cheap it was. Tried it on, felt good...then I took it off and the strap popped out of the case!

Looks like I just need to tighten the strap screws. Anyone know what size screwdriver is needed? I'll have to make a trip down to the DIY store!

Thanks.

So my watch arrived today! Looks great. Really surprised considering how cheap it was. Tried it on, felt good...then I took it off and the strap popped out of the case!

Looks like I just need to tighten the strap screws. Anyone know what size screwdriver is needed? I'll have to make a trip down to the DIY store!

Thanks.

Congrats on your watch.

A great first lesson that thankfully happened right away. Always check your screws immediately. I personally don't use loctite but I know many members do. And watch those rad screws, very hard to position and screw in without stripping and very easy to lose.

Thanks Statikman..lesson learned! I tried to tighten the screw but it still wouldn't hold the bar. After unscrewing all the bars one of them is a different size (bit shorter so gap for screw isn't in correct place to take hold) so I ordered a replacement bar/scew set from a UK site. Another lesson learned! None of the bars fitted and 2 of the screws broke apart when tightening! Hopefully a refund is on the way.

Toro is kindly going to send me some replacement bars and screws that will hopefully do the trick.

Mike