When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best after market 5513 insert

Monito1975

Si I have an old Yuki case 5513 3.5M, it has the correct rehault, gen T39 crystal and gen 702 crown. I´m missing the bezel insert, I have look in ebay and the gen are no less than 300USD!!!!!, I want a fully restored look so the faded insert don´t apeal to me very much.

IYHO which one do you think is the best after market 5513 insert? in a price range from 30 to 120 USD. ( I have check WSO, NDT and Yuki)

Best Regards :inverted:

There are no great aftermarket inserts for that watch. If you can go 100-150$ and keep your eyes peeled at the vintage rolex market and the sales areas of the rep forums, you should be able to find a gen. If you find a decent cartel insert with the small hole you can put an authentic pearl in. If you end up with a gen insert with no pearl, either Ofrei or Yuki off acrylic pearls in the 25-30$ range.

$(KGrHqN,!p8F!,eIG4bVBQGpkzW9yQ~~60_35.JPG

You are absolutely right Woof, but I´m looking for a temporary solution, I have to use a decent insert until I find a gen at a decent price, I saw one from WSO that had the acrylic pearl on it for 40 usd, I thought the main issue was the pearl, after all how difficult can be to replicate the black plastic ring with the silver font?

Monito, the pearl is too big on the Ndt and gen style wont fit the larger hole.

The WSO might work by replacing the pearl but I haven't seen that one in person.

PMWF has been out of stock a couple years. Classic Watch parts is one I forgot, around 60$..add another 30$ for a pearl. This is why I say gen.

As for a faster solution I have put Ofrei pearls in both cartel and MBW inserts with a fair result.

This is a genuine 5513 insert I bought a couple months ago....nos tritium....150$ shipped.

Deals are out there.

AC3B0C42-89C3-408C-8C7A-7CFFD0022A9C-6547-00000AAC29A4482F.jpg

$(KGrHqN,!p8F!,eIG4bVBQGpkzW9yQ~~60_35.JPG

You are absolutely right Woof, but I´m looking for a temporary solution, I have to use a decent insert until I find a gen at a decent price, I saw one from WSO that had the acrylic pearl on it for 40 usd, I thought the main issue was the pearl, after all how difficult can be to replicate the black plastic ring with the silver font?

Forgot to mention, the inserts are not plastic, they are machined out of aluminum and most aftermarkets are thinner and bend easier.

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback, I will be on the hunt of one of those inserts in the meantime I'll do the best I can with the aftermarket one, gonna buy a yuki pearl right now just in case I need it.

Thanks once again

PS Your 5513 looks amazing!!! ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I find that the yuki insert is a very good match not only the fond but when faded it has the same blueish tint as a gen, cartel inserts faded look grey/silver take a look at my 5513 build on the left next to a gen on the right from 1965 the colour tone and fond is a perfect matchpost-27094-0-95394400-1353869540_thumb.jpost-27094-0-68564900-1353869682_thumb.j

Edited by aeromatic