When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New rolex explorer 2 42mm

gmtlover

he guys, an update on repgeek a member found out that there is a problem with the bezel alignment on all explorers at the moment.

Look at the pic I added.

But I do not think it is only alignment, I think the distance between the number 6 and the triangle left/above of it, is smaller then the distance between the 6 and the triangle right/below of it.

I could be wrong, could be the angle of the pics, but if you look at the six, the numbers look pretty much spot on the 3 position on the dial.

But when you then look at the triangle on the left and the right, then you notice that the upper triangle is located at the 2 white bar from the six, and the lower triangle is located between the second and third white bar on the dial.

So I think it is misalignment and a spacial error on the bezel. with different spaces between the numbers and triangles.

i am probably wrong about the spacial error.. but it is definitely misaligned

Pure rubbish, it is an optical illusion caused by someone trying to gage distance on the bezel based on a crocked as heck cyclops. Remove the colored lines on the pic and or look at your noob GMT II and see how the triangle between 4 & 6 points to 12 min 30 sec and also look at the triangle between 6 & 8 points to 17 min 30 sec. Unless the forum would now suggest that the dial minute markers are off there should be no question that there is nothing wrong with the bezel markers.

Please stop drawing the red line at a tangent, draw the on perpendicular to the radius and you will get better results.

Doesn't matter where I draw the line, as long as I draw the same line on the rep and gen the results should be the same

And btw, I am using the bracelet as a reference. the end links

Edited by GMTlover

Doesn't matter where I draw the line, as long as I draw the same line on the rep an gen the results should be the same

Only presuming that the distance from rep and gen are the same with same focal length lens and at the same angle... You don't need fancy line on the pics, just look to the minute markers that the triangle points to and you will see that they are perfectly spaced.

Only presuming that the distance from rep and gen are the same with same focal length lens and at the same angle... You don't need fancy line on the pics, just look to the minute markers that the triangle points to and you will see that they are perfectly spaced.

I think that you are right, as I said in my post, It could be due to the angle of the picture. 

Edited by GMTlover

New quality control pictures, looks like an improvement to me, but I wonder if I should accept? :g:

83Yzt.jpg

sjxFD.jpg

7ZEsr.jpg

Cyclops is not perfectly aligned but I think it is a step up from the first watch. Lume seems to be a bit poorer on this one though. Date seems to be a bit low in the window but I don't really care about that.

I agree with you jpz5142.

I asked for a photo showing the complete GMT hand, as I read on the the link Archetypal provided that some of the white explorers had black explorer GMT hands. If the hands are wrong I will mail angus direct and see if he is willing to pick one out for me. If none of that is possible I will send more money for a different watch and wait for the next version of this explorer to be released.

Even with these concerns, I still feel I made a good chocie for popping my replica watch cherry. :clap2:

Cant seem to find the time to do a full review at the moment, but I took some macro shots of some tiny details. The shots are not great, but I thought I would keep the thread going for those still on the fence about this edition.

R0015037.JPG

R0015042.JPG

R0015043.JPG

R0015044.JPG

R0015045.JPG

R0015048.JPG

R0015049.JPG

R0015050.JPG

R0015052.JPG

R0015054.JPG

R0015056.JPG

R0015058.JPG

R0015060.JPG

R0015066.JPG

R0015087.JPG

R0015073.JPG

Perfect shots :)

I will make a review for the black version soon just got it :p its much better than the QC pics

Can someone confirm if the crystal comes with rounded edges??  The reason I ask is on Puretime's site it shows the dead give-away flat crystal edge (maybe Angus did not update the final pics since the preorder) but on Toro's site the same Noob best version looks more rounded and polished like the real mccoy.  We all have our own nit-picks and this is for sure mine.  I haven't purchase a rep Rolex for many years and I won't wear the ones I have because of this reason but it appears to me the recent crystals are looking more convincing.  This issue is rarely discussed, so if someone can verify these new generation Rollies have rounded polished crystal edges, then this will be a game changer for me. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1