When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Special boutique editions...

Kl2onik

Noob factory has been having issues getting parts from what I hear since the crackdown in china so most of there offering have been on backorder for quite a while. The boutique editions are only offered by the h factory. I've not heard of any noob factory version. H factory produces a good watch but noob IMO is a step or two better.

Once again Perry thanks. I am still waiting on a reply from angus about that noob n 005 and if it's In stock. As soon as I hear something I will snatch it. im assuming I want the n vs the m that some other sites have? And regarding noob vs h factory even an amateur like me can tell the difference in craftsmanship. It starts with a much clearer crystal without the fake blue tint and the numbers aren't as green/yellow either.

Ahh, the Noob vs H factory debate. :) Different people have different opinions and it varies by model at some level. IMHO, the minute that H elexted to go with a non geb bezel construction I wrote them off but that is me. In any case, you will never know with Noob and the boutique editions until they either do them or don't. I had been hearing the same comments though about difficulties in sourcing parts, etc. and so it seems like they are beingmore selective about what they make and the size of the runs. THe last thing you want to do is get raided with massive parts inventory. You would hjave thought they would have figured out who to pay off in the Triads by now, :)

Ahh, the Noob vs H factory debate. :) Different people have different opinions and it varies by model at some level. IMHO, the minute that H elexted to go with a non geb bezel construction I wrote them off but that is me. In any case, you will never know with Noob and the boutique editions until they either do them or don't. I had been hearing the same comments though about difficulties in sourcing parts, etc. and so it seems like they are beingmore selective about what they make and the size of the runs. THe last thing you want to do is get raided with massive parts inventory. You would hjave thought they would have figured out who to pay off in the Triads by now, :)

+1

If I went for any of the H makers Ls then I would donor a full caseset from the noob especially from the latest Ls and LMs

I grew tired of waiting on noob and bought the h factory 164 and 240. Angus told me there were no plans foe noob to make the 240 and the H 164 has the better dial and the case set is very similar. I am hoping I can live with the rounded inner CG corners.

Has anyone tried using a fine small file to straighten out those CG corners? I would think if done very slowly and carefully one could make them look more right angled.

I just grabbed the pn417 NY from andrew. I just had to have one. Hoping to find a really well modded open back one next. I may have ordered from Angus but his lack of replies to my emails and my questions in the chat being unanswered turned me away from him. I guess i'm a sucker for communication.

Edited by Kl2onik