When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Avenger: Blingy Bracelet --> Croco Strap. Help!

I'm was thinking about ordering the brown leather croco strap for my Skyland Avenger and after seeing PolonusTM's review for the Grey Skyland Avenger V2 Remake, I'm definitely going to pull the trigger. Polonus couldn't be more correct when he says that the bracelet eats the watch. Furthermore, if the bracelet makes contact with anything other than microfiber, it will scratch. I'm tired of it.

I have a couple of questions/concerns before I pull the trigger and order the rep croco strap from Angus.

1.) I'm not sure what size lug width I need to get. 22mm or 24mm?

2.) How hard is it to replace the bracelet with the strap? I don't know how to would do it. Is replacing the bracelet with the strap something that would be good to have done for me? My hands are like cancer for "DIY" projects. If it's not too complicated to change from the bracelet to the strap, are there any useful threads that might show me how I can do it myself?

3.) I've had my Skyland Avenger for about 18 months now, and I have yet to have it serviced. I live in San Diego and about six months ago, I went to have it serviced and I took it here ( http://www.sandiegowatchmaker.com/index.html ). I told him it wasn't a real Breitling but I still wanted it serviced and he immediately became rude and unwilling to help me. He even told me he should call the police on me for having a "counterfeit" watch. WTF? Anyway, since then, I've been too afraid to take it anywhere! I want to have it serviced and some minor scratches on the polished steel case cleaned up a bit. Where can I take it to have it serviced and some minor scratched cleaned up? I don't mind shipping it to someone if they're trustworthy and knowledgeable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Changing bracelet/strap isn't that hard if you have the right tool. There are tutorials and also videos, for example you could check http://www.breitlingsource.com/

Even this is a fan-site for gen Breitling, this can give you valuable information for adjusting length for bracelet, changing straps and many more...

Hope this helps a little bit - good luck!

It totally helps! Thank you! It seems as though if you have the right tools, changing straps or bracelets is fairly easy. I do not however, have the correct tools. I also need to get the movement serviced. Is there someone on these forums who I could send it to and s/he could service the A7750 as well as change out the strap? Recommendations?

Assuming you've got the Avenger and not the SuperAvenger the lug width is 22mm

Removing a bracelet and putting a strap on is simple. You'll need a spring bar tool e.g. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Watch-Repair-tool-Watch-Band-Spring-Bar-Link-Remover-Ruler-Tool-/320944025835

If you turn the watch-head face down you will see the ends of the spring bars through gaps in the bracelet end links. Using the pronged end of the tool compress the spring bar and (at the same time) pull the bracelet away from the watch-head. This should result in the end of the spring bar coming out of the locating hole in the lug. There's a knack to this bit - once you've got it, you've got it - but it can be frustrating until you get it right (you can't do any real harm while you're getting it wrong unless you pull the bracelet much too hard). Once this is done, do the other end of the same spring bar and that end of the bracelet will come away. Do the other end and the bracelet is off the watch.

Putting the strap on is the reverse but doesn't need the tool. Take the spring bars out of the bracelet end links and put them through the ends of the strap. Compress the spring bar and locate it in the lugs. In practice what I do is locate one end of the spring bar just inside the lug (but not in its hole) then, with a fingernail, compress the bar until I get the end of the strap and spring bar inside the other lug. Then I manoeuvre the strap until both ends locate with a click in their holes.

I don't want to put you off buying the rep croc strap from Angus but bear in mind that there are lots of nice 22mm leather straps out there.

Finally, I would advise you to keep the bracelet so you have the option to go back to it but.... I'm looking for an Avenger bracelet so if you want to sell it, let me know.

I don't know if '10:10 watch repair' is recommended on this board but he's in the US well regarded on other rep watch boards.

Or find a local watch-smith who's not so fussy about reps?

Edit: 10:10 -> http://www.rwg.bz/bo...p?showforum=214

Is 10:10 watch repair a person who does this kind of work? If so, how do I get a hold of them/him/her?

Is 10:10 watch repair a person who does this kind of work? If so, how do I get a hold of them/him/her?

You'll need to be a member at the other RWG to read that link but here's his contact info:

email me at tentenwatch@me.com

Updated pricing is on my website www.1010watch.info

In the request service section of the website download and include the form when sending in a watch.

Thanks a lot guys for the words of support. I agree that he was a complete [censored], but I didn't know whether or not he could get into trouble or if his reputation would some how be tarnished if it were discovered that he serviced a replica movement. Either way, I got a hold of 10-10 and he told me the turn around is about six weeks (Thanks Higs), so I'm going to look for someone here in SD that can help me out.

Does anyone have any pointers on how I should bring it up? Should I go into the watch-smith in person and tell them that it's not a real Breitling, or should I just not say anything? Pointers are appreciated. Thanks!

you are over-analyzing the issue

walk in, plonk it on the counter and ask them if they are willing to work on it

generally speaking, big shops are unwilling to deal with reps lest they mess their relationships with big manufacturers

smaller stores, especially mom & pop style businesses don't care as long as they have the parts and get paid

you are over-analyzing the issue

walk in, plonk it on the counter and ask them if they are willing to work on it

generally speaking, big shops are unwilling to deal with reps lest they mess their relationships with big manufacturers

smaller stores, especially mom & pop style businesses don't care as long as they have the parts and get paid

Perfect. Thank's for the advise. Will do.