When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Diver V3 back in stock.....

jpohl402

Different Swiss movement as well it appears

(I posted this on another board:)

Did they change the movement, because now instead of Swiss SW200 it says Swiss ETA2824 - and it costs $120-$130 more vs. previous $100 ??

The Swiss2824 says 25jewels but I'm almost positive the SW200-1 was 26jewels Hmmmm.....

How will that effect the people who have already paid for that, and which movement is arguably better ??

Edited by jpohl402

The ETA is argubably a better movement than the SW200, the SW200 is swiss but is a clone also of the original eta, so a new eta will cost more. Up to recently the scarcity of new batches of 2824 meant the main new top movement vs the a2824 would be the sellita, and they charged for the priviledge. Most people will say the factory versions of the 2824 can be shoddy and not new for the most part. I would imagine they got a 'new' batch for these, and the sellita has become scarce now....else they are playing about again with pricing and the sellita will come back in the next batch dearer again?

Rather than the different movement I am far more concerned with the lume application problems, if people are paying attention to the QC threads in other forums the rotating bezel's "50" consistently looks bad and are normally combined with some other dial imperfection. It is starting to look like a batch problem. Maybe they rushed it in the factory, people have been nagging for this watch a lot.

Yep sloppy, noob seem to be rushing out poorly put together stock. I'm glad I hung on for a while now and didn't jump as soon as they came back into stock. I'll leave it till the crazy demand settles down a bit and the dust settles. I wonder is it just a small percentage showing sloppy lume in qc, and the bulk happy, or have we got a large bad batch with a few good ones?

Yea, the dial needs a complete relume. It just looks sloppy, just sloppy. in fact it looks like I did it.

U made me laugh. :D

Yep sloppy, noob seem to be rushing out poorly put together stock. I'm glad I hung on for a while now and didn't jump as soon as they came back into stock. I'll leave it till the crazy demand settles down a bit and the dust settles. I wonder is it just a small percentage showing sloppy lume in qc, and the bulk happy, or have we got a large bad batch with a few good ones?

Looks like a major batch problem, I have only seen a few good ones so far. (2 or 3 out of 10)

Edited by ShiroTenshi