When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potatoes GOOD, Meat GOOD, Custard GOOD, Some Reps GOOD!

jtiis

I don't recall exactly when - but probably about 5 years ago I bought my first TD sourced reps. I bought a BCE that is long since gone - and the Omega Speedmaster Date (the supposed 1:1 red/black one). It looked nice, felt solid. I decided to use the "Don't service the Asian till she's troublesome, then service or go ETA" route... Well, it's now 5 years later. I've not worn her all that much but fairly frequently... thought she might be dry (as many are from the dealer - trusted or not... BTW the seller was Mary)... so, the other day I saked my watchsmith to time her and see if she needs a service or what.

After 5 year (A7750 mind you) - he said she's off 6 sec/day with the amplitube just a bit week... to keep her in excellent condition he said - service her in a year or so.

Wow, made me feel pretty good about both Mary (no longer selling I think) and the watch. Impressive for a fakey. Was gonna sell her - now - think I'll stay put.

One of my first reps was a Speedy date from Eurotimez. What a great rep, but after a few weeks it started running really fast, like 2 hrs/day fast.  So I contacted Chris at ETZ, and he said to send it back and he would replace it.  Me being the noob I was at the time, I sent it back and never saw it again.  Eurotimez melted down soon after that. Some are good, some are bad, but I'll never send one back again.