When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Toy!

krustybrand

Picked this up cheap on a whim yesterday. The grey dial is gorgeous! The date misalignment is due to the date changing over about 2 hours (not instant) starting about when the pic was taken. Sorry for the poor photo. I just plunked it onto my Omega Red Book and snapped a quick one. The red on the crystal is a reflection from something or other (lens flare). It was a private deal from a long time salesman at my favorite dealer. Favorite because whan I asked once for a Breitling buckle, all they had was a used one, so they gave it to me free. When I went in later looking for 2 more of a different size, they removed them from in stock straps and sold them to me for the correct Breitling price ($25 each).

150969-14755.jpg

I definitely dig these old Omega's. I have a few Seamaster's that look similar. What caliber movement is inside? 565?

I just wish there were larger one's around... Guessing this is about 34mm? Looks great :D

34mm is right on. I had it opened up today to get the numbers out. It's immaculate - no hint of corrosion at the case/back junction as you find on a lot of old watches. It's a Caliber 1010 and the movement serial number dates it from 1979. Case is 166.0202