When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Incoming from DW

Irontomkidd

First I want to say that DW was great to work with, answered emails same day, and the shipping was super fast.

This is my first real attempt at a vintage franken and my intention was to use a DW 3cROC 6263 as the base for a 6240 build. After seeing the dial I have to say it just isn’t going to work and I am going to have to rethink myproject. I’m not ready to spend the kind of money it will take to get a quality 3cROC dial and 6240 pushers along with the rest of the gen parts needed, so maybe a 6263 Peruvian with black dial would be a less ambitious first attempt :g:  Any ideas are welcome but at this point I only intend to use case and movement in the build.

I believe this is the slow beat mystery movement and it is very loud; anyone else found this to be true? Will a service quiet it down any?

Obligatory wristy

photo-1.jpg

3ROC dials are sweet. Maybe a bezel change and gen pushers?

I agree and that was why I wanted to go with DW’s mystery movement I thought the slow beat would go better with a 6240 build. There’s no way I can justify gen pushers at $1000+ but I did find these aftermarket pushers at a reasonable price and I think they are pretty good. My biggest concern in the dial you can’t tell from my crappy iPhone pic but the subdials are silver and its completely off.

post-14456-0-50792700-1354663670_thumb.j

When I built mine it took me about a year of parts gathering to find the right sources and ebay parts sourcing. I lucked out with a few gen pushers for almost nothing(Used a pair on the 7032 as well)

Worse case scenario, the Ofrei pushers are not too bad and are gen replacement parts. Always make sure you re-grease the o-rings before installing in the case. Safe assurance that you will be water proof to at least wash your hands and such. 

The T21 from Ofrei was actually a good upgrade, although the t21 from Clark's was good as well, I ended up using the Ofrei one(Had a lower profile)

When I built mine it took me about a year of parts gathering to find the right sources and ebay parts sourcing. I lucked out with a few gen pushers for almost nothing(Used a pair on the 7032 as well)

Worse case scenario, the Ofrei pushers are not too bad and are gen replacement parts. Always make sure you re-grease the o-rings before installing in the case. Safe assurance that you will be water proof to at least wash your hands and such. 

The T21 from Ofrei was actually a good upgrade, although the t21 from Clark's was good as well, I ended up using the Ofrei one(Had a lower profile)

thanks, I'll watch the bay and I'm in no hurry to get it done so if it takes me a while to find the parts... thats kind of the fun part.

Edited by irontomkidd