When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chance for a "kickas*" 1680 project...

Omega

Hi guys,

tried to upgrade membership, but it won't work ATM. I need fast to get sold this as a complete project with only missing two parts: 1570 movement and bezel assambly!

The package contains a lot of gen parts, and will ONLY be sold COMPLETE!!!

Case number and paperwork-number is matching, BTW!!!

SPECS:

- gen 93150 bracelet in best condition

- gen endlinks

- gen service dial, never has been installed (brand new, only dust on the pictures)

- gen 1570 service hands (bought as gen on the bay, no guarantee for this!)

- gen T127 (sealed)

- gen service inlay (sealed)

- gen 703 vintage crown (used but 1a condition)

- gen springbars

- gen Rolex papers (Germany CC100), modified/converted to 1680

- gen silver datewheel (not included on pics and only OPTIONALLY available, would keep it if possible)

To the case: Bought it originally from DW, but I modified it on the lathe to gen specs, thinned the case, drilled the lugholes, shaped the bevels on lugs and polish/brush everything again to highshine. Bevel around caseback also made! Absolutely gen specs now. Only negative - the engravings are not the best...

BEZEL and CRYSTAL on one of the pics is only for example and not included in the sale!

You can make me offers via PM (no trades, only cash and only bank wire). But please keep in mind, that we are talking here about a investment over 2000€! So no offers lower as that, please!

TO THE MOD:

If my VIP works again, move this topic in the sales section. Thanks and sorry for posting it here...

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the tube is not in best condition. But the crown fits like butter and it's absolutely water resistant!

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

post-3491-135542511263.jpg

post-3491-135542513493.jpg

post-3491-13554251456.jpg

post-3491-135542516027.jpg

post-3491-135542517816.jpg

post-3491-135542519374.jpg

post-3491-135542520755.jpg

post-3491-135542521531.jpg

Edited by Omega

Lots of great parts, good opportunity for someone who has 1570 movement laying around to put together a very nice 1680. Since this isn't a sales thread, per se, I will add my devil's advocate 2 centavos. This is my soapbox here on RWG. While these projects are really, really nice, putting together an "almost genuine" 1680 is pretty tricky, unless you have accumulated a lot of parts over the years. What I'm looking at here is about 2600.00 USD for the parts on hand, another 1500.00 USD for a serviced 1570, who knows what a genuuine bezel assembly would cost, but I would bet it's north of 500.00 USD,(600.00 USD on VRM today) then the silver datewheel (I bought one about 2 years ago for my 1665, and it was 240.00 USD), so even if you can get one for  200.00 USD, you're looking at  close to 5K for the finished watch. Looking at the Vintage Rolex Market, the first post I saw was a really nice 5 million serial which would be from the mid to late 70's asking price 5300.00 USD  another one which sold pretty quick, head only, 52m serial for 4290.00 USD. If you are sitting on most of the parts that you have had for 10-15 years,and were bought at a fraction of the price today, then this may be feasible, otherwise it's not. 

My point is what you are building here is a super franken which is as expensive as a good quality genuine. More power to those who want to do a project like this, it's great, but looking down the road, it may be pretty darn hard to sell a super franken at genuine prices.

You are absolutely right guys, I know that.

Some of you built also a franken and start e.g. with a Phong case set (which is alone over 1k), then month for month there were upgrades with gen parts. At end you have a complete gen watch except the case. But you don't really want to know how much you paid for it, nor you have the feeling it's paid over 4,5k and even more!

This package is IMO cheap for someone who has a 1570 laying around (which of course was also not for free, I guess!), and it's still cheap. Also I hope it's for wearing the watch and not for resale.

And why it should be a gen bezel assambly? A yuki or ND would also work fine...

Also you have to be very carefully when you buy cheap "gen" vintage watches. Most of them are anyway franken, unfortunately! :)