When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for Rep Friendly repairer in UK

kevshed

Hi all,

I've recently taken delivery of a PAM111 NooB rep as my chrimble present... unfortunately, it looks like the the hands are not fitted properly, and the second hand is stopping the hour hand at around 8.00 (therefore stopping the watch)....   I could send it back to China but frankly, i suspect it needs a minor adjustment.... 

Therefore - i'm looking for a recommended guy in the UK that would be happy to take a look at it for me ?? 

Was very frustrating as i thought the movement was faulty, but i noticed the watch stopping at approx the same time, and with a little testing was able to replicate easily... (the tiniest movement on the hands releases the second hand and it all moves again)

Failing that - how easy is it to take appart these reps and get to the dial ? If i open the case, can i remove the insides as a complete unit ? I dont really want to start messing with the internals.. 

Thanks,

Kev

This is a super EASY fix, all you would need is a small screw driver, tooth pick and some time. In the end all you need is to press the hands down alittle.

thanks... I wasn't sure how to get the movement out - but having done more research since the original post, is does look relatively simple to get at.... so i'll use this as an opportunity to cut my teeth on playing modder :) and see if i can do it this week. 

tx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just an update as it may help other Noobs...   I was brave enough to take apart my watch after some reading... mainly here:- 

http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/removing-6497-movement-41293.html?t=41293&highlight=6497

&

http://thewatchguy.homestead.com/pages/repair.html

After reading these - i bought a some tools (case removal ball, magnifier & screwdrivers) and had a go..  

with the guides above, it was easy to get the movement out then adjust the hands.... this then revealed another problem of constant stopping at a around 40 seconds...  This baffled me a bit, but in the end turned out to be a loose screw on the ratchet wheel... i quick half turn, and all was well. 

So for any noobs - have a go.. but do reading like i did...  had i not read the articles posts above, i may well have over loosened the stem holding screw - and would not have known about 'letting down' the mainspring which may have been interesting :) 

I now consider my watch craft at 2/100 (from 0) :)

Thanks,

Kev

• 1 month later...