When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Noob Explorer 2 - QC pics

Craig S

Hi all, I received my QC pics of the new explorer 2 I recently ordered from Angus. Thought I'd share them with you, as I know quite a few of you guys are thinking of ordering one. Overall, watch looks good. Not bothered about the incorrect hand stack in the slightest, my only worry is the rehaut engraving and the dial text (chronometer seems to be bolder than test of text, but could just be my eyes?) Anyhow, hope they are helpful or of interest guys.. Cheers, Craig Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

post-26907-135688336157.jpg

post-26907-135688338618.jpg

post-26907-135688340064.jpg

post-26907-135688341498.jpg

post-26907-135688343494.jpg

post-26907-135688345649.jpg

post-26907-135688348281.jpg

post-26907-135688351531.jpg

It appears that the white model is more accurate than the black one from what I can see.  You're right, though, the "chronometer" text from that angle does look a bit darker.

I'm confused about Angus and his description of the black model on his site.  He says only the first three pictures are updated, but compared to the previous pictures the date window looks different.  On the earlier picture, the mag bubble looks clear and without any "blue" like the genuine.  But the "final" version looks like others with that blue tint, even though he said the final version wouldn't have any blue.

Perhaps the most notable flaw is the orange hand on the black model.  The orange part is too long; the genuine has a longer black portion before the orange starts. 

Anyone else with QC photos of these updated Explorer II's?

I've decided to reject this watch. Had a good look at the pics and not happy with the lume application, nor the print on the dial. Hopefully the next example they offer me will be better. Saying that, I've emailed puretime qc twice in the last 4 days and no response. :/ Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've decided to reject this watch. Had a good look at the pics and not happy with the lume application, nor the print on the dial. Hopefully the next example they offer me will be better. Saying that, I've emailed puretime qc twice in the last 4 days and no response. :/ Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

They are on vacation until jan 3rd.

Well, I asked for extra qc pics following on from my first set of photos from them. They never replied, so I sent a second email to which they relied saying that they had sent extra pics and that I hadn't responded so they had sent the watch already. Not happy at all, and the extra pics show sloppy lume and non centred date window. Regardless whether they have sent it, they will be getting it straight back. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Orange text Explorer on dial looks smudged out in all qc pics I've seen. Don't knew of it's noticeable to the naked eye but visible in the pics.

A lot of the issues that people are complaining are hardly noticeable in real life. My QC pics made it look like there would be lume over the edge on 2-3 markers but when I received it I could tell that the lume is sloppy/bumpy but could not visibly see overspill lume. Also the lume is really only sloppy/bumpy if you are either using a loupe or shinning a bright light to the watch, even then you must look up close. The dial print issues that people mention are not visible on my dial in real life and are likely due to low resolution pics or screen. Rehaut does seem to be a bit off on some, not mine. Cyclops is crooked as all get out on some, mine is. Crystal is beautiful and the lec crown is great. Sel is as is mostly the case an issue but we knew that going into the preorder. ICHS, well it is what it is. I have the white dial so do not have any comment on the black dial, I really am pleased with the watch except a small issue with my bracelet that it appears that Angus is going to settle (a link has fallen apart). It has been on my wrist for the past three days since I opened the package Saturday, and don't think it is coming off anytime soon.

Well, received my watch today and it is total garbage.Lume is a mess, rehaut doesn't line up to 9 as it should and remainder of rehaut engraving doesn't line up with indices as it should. Also Cyclops is crooked and date window isn't centred. This watch cost me a week's wages. Really not happy. It's going back tomorrow. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2