When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this rep 6536 a good one?

Onscreen

Hi Folks,

Ive been active on this forum for quiet a while now. Reading alot and the more topics I go through the more im getting interested in the whole thing. Would like to try this out as my new hobby actually.

Now when it comes to buying my first rep I think it's going to be a 6536 james bond vintage. Since im new with modding I dont want to destroy it on sight. So im looking for a rep that comes most close to the gen version.

Been looking around on different sites and joshua's Sub 6536 SS/SS Blk A-2836 looks pretty slick to me... Or am I wrong?

I am not an expert when it comes to these watches and don't notice the small details. Ive tried the search function and found for a start I found that the crown is not same as the gen but it can be replaced easily for a gen one. (Not sure where to get one though).

Did some research on Asian movements and figured the 2836 is pretty decent.

Can anyone tell me if this watch comes any close to the real deal. And if not, any suggestions??

I have contacted Akira , thank you.

Im wondering if there are any other options though. Modded reps are relatively expensive. And since its my first rep im abit carefull in price ranges. 

I also saw the silix one. just 90$ or something. Is the low price really that noticeable? And is a 21J sweeping motion a dealbreaker in a vintage? 

I think I am pretty critical when it comes to details &, viewed under normal circumstances, unless the seconds hand ticks like a quartz watch, I could not tell the difference between the sweep of an 18k & 28k hand, let alone 21k. Point being that I would spend more effort in getting the visual details correct & less with things like sweep.

You (Onscreen) should spend some time educating yourself about the look, function & variations of genuine 6536s before clicking any Buy buttons. Relying on others' opinions is a sure-fire recipe for buyers remorse, especially when cost must play such an important factor in your buying decision.

• Like 1

Nothing out the box is going to look like the genuine, period! you need to spend some time doing research as Freddy said, and then plan on spending a fair amount of money getting the watch modded to resemble the genuine. I said resemble, because no matter what you do, the reps are not going to be a genuine, unless you use all genuine parts :g: A really good dial, good hands, genuine insert,crown/tube etc will go a long way toward making a representative watch, but parts aren't cheap, so you will have a fair amount in the watch before you get finished. Nice thing about the 6536/8, Tudor 7924, etc is there are no date window, cyclops date wheel alignment problems like you find on the 1680,1665 and 6542 and other date dial watches.