When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Andrews new subc vs bK's subc

Onscreen

Hi folks,

As im researching my way down to the best subc rep around I heard bks is very very good.

Before contacting him id like to know if anyone could tell me if its alot better detailwise compared to andrews new sub. Im pretty noob with these watches and the details for me are hard to find. What makes the big differences? (beside bks is real swiss).

Main reason im askimg is because bks topic comes from 2010 and andrews new subc is from 2012.

I heard great storys from both sellers. But since andrew is bit cheaper im wondering what details are missing.

I cant post links yet but you can find pictures in bk's garage and there is a review in andrews review section.

thanks for the input :)

BK checks the movement, puts on a new better dw, and checks the watch ( align the rehaut, straighten the 12 o'clock marker, straighten the cyclops. when necessary)

Andrew doesn't do that so you might have to do it yourself if it bothers you.

Besides that andrews has superlume, new improved pearl, and an AR'ed cyclops.

Make your pick ;-)

BK checks the movement, puts on a new better dw, and checks the watch ( align the rehaut, straighten the 12 o'clock marker, straighten the cyclops. when necessary) Andrew doesn't do that so you might have to do it yourself if it bothers you. Besides that andrews has superlume, new improved pearl, and an AR'ed cyclops.   Make your pick ;-)
Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to find what "AR" means. Heard it earlier somewhere but couldnt figure it. Care to explain? :) Also.. Andrews has superlume. Does that mean its lume comes more close to gen or? Sorry my rolex knowledge isnt that great. If you had to answer my question. What would you pick?

If you want more accurate to gen the new bp maker sub c is a pretty good offering over bk's sub c. Bp maker pros -more accurate case (lugs and cg's) -glass lens over pearl ring -larger dial markers with thin outer ring -more accurate paint on bezel markers (platinum effect) -ar cyclops -correct hr hand thickness -better bracelet Bp maker cons -ceramic insert not pressed correctly -crystal height when insert is pressed may be too high (unless you swap gasket) -officiallycertified spacing Sure bk has better quality control, however, his has no super-case, no ar, no lens over pearl, smaller dial markers with thick rings, thick hr hand just to name a few concerns. I think the bp has much potential or just wait for the noob offering in the coming months and then choose.

If you want more accurate to gen the new bp maker sub c is a pretty good offering over bk's sub c. Bp maker pros -more accurate case (lugs and cg's) -glass lens over pearl ring -larger dial markers with thin outer ring -more accurate paint on bezel markers (platinum effect) -ar cyclops -correct hr hand thickness -better bracelet Bp maker cons -ceramic insert not pressed correctly -crystal height when insert is pressed may be too high (unless you swap gasket) -officiallycertified spacing Sure bk has better quality control, however, his has no super-case, no ar, no lens over pearl, smaller dial markers with thick rings, thick hr hand just to name a few concerns. I think the bp has much potential or just wait for the noob offering in the coming months and then choose.

Who is BP ? Where can I find him / any reviews on these watches?

Honestly, none of the sub c reps is really good at present if compared where the art of the rep business is today, neither the BK refinished noob version, nor the BP version now offered by several dealers. We'd recommend going for a classic sub instead.

First let me welcome you to the forum. I'm actually surprised you received this much feedback considering your question is,"who has the best sub?" The reason I say this is this is one of the most common questions received on the forum(s) and is a running joke when it comes to new members....hell, I did the same thing when I first arrived on the rep scene. However it sounds like you have already done some research. Let me try to help.....

Consider Andrew simply a vendor....although he's a great choice and will deliver a good product you get what you get with him and that's a rep. Chances are you will be happy with the purchase at first and as you recognize the flaws over time then you'll probably start to look for someone to perform upgrades or modifications on the watch to make it closer to gen. This is where BK comes in.....he started his rep career modifying Rolex replicas and eventually started to offer them for sale as it made it easier on him and us. BK is a perfectionist and it shows in all his work. Yes, you will pay for this service but his products are amazing. With that said I'd suggest the following....start with Andrews watch. It's a cheaper alternative and will allow you to get understanding of this hobby first hand without spending a lot of money upfront. In my opinion this gives you a good benchmark to start this hobby and establishes true expectations. As your skills evolve you'll begin to learn what to look for (I.e. rehault, pearls, fonts, cgs, crown position, etc, etc...). Later on you might contact BK and ask him to perform some upgrades on your watch as well. As an alternative I'd suggest contacting PBdad.......he's an amazing modder IMO and can take your rep to an entirely different level

Bottom line, the answer to your question is subjective so you will get conflicting answers from our members depending on where they are in their "rep careers". One thing I can guarantee you....if you love this hobby this subc will not be your last submariner. Good luck!

• Like 2

any recommendations where to get a classic sub? or does classic mean gen in your ears?
evo, how does the BP hulk sub compare to BK's? The insert looks metallic. Ythink either of them can accept gen dials?
I think the big pilot maker insert looks better, however, the color is still of on both bk and bp makers insert... I'm sure the gen dial would fit, with that being said it will be a shame to possibly have to clip the feet depending on the movement choice. Like frogman said you could always have the watch modded, just depends on that you like. The most accurate subs do not use a bk case as its for the gmt master, smaller lugs and cgs. You could consider a bk tw sub or a tc, both are based on the 16610 and can take almost any gen part you like. I've heard the noob maker will offer a sub c, if they can get the dial and case correct I think we know the quality that can come from their hands. Let's just hope they don't rush it like the exp2 ;)

First let me welcome you to the forum. I'm actually surprised you received this much feedback considering your question is,"who has the best sub?" The reason I say this is this is one of the most common questions received on the forum(s) and is a running joke when it comes to new members....hell, I did the same thing when I first arrived on the rep scene. However it sounds like you have already done some research. Let me try to help.....

Consider Andrew simply a vendor....although he's a great choice and will deliver a good product you get what you get with him and that's a rep. Chances are you will be happy with the purchase at first and as you recognize the flaws over time then you'll probably start to look for someone to perform upgrades or modifications on the watch to make it closer to gen. This is where BK comes in.....he started his rep career modifying Rolex replicas and eventually started to offer them for sale as it made it easier on him and us. BK is a perfectionist and it shows in all his work. Yes, you will pay for this service but his products are amazing. With that said I'd suggest the following....start with Andrews watch. It's a cheaper alternative and will allow you to get understanding of this hobby first hand without spending a lot of money upfront. In my opinion this gives you a good benchmark to start this hobby and establishes true expectations. As your skills evolve you'll begin to learn what to look for (I.e. rehault, pearls, fonts, cgs, crown position, etc, etc...). Later on you might contact BK and ask him to perform some upgrades on your watch as well. As an alternative I'd suggest contacting PBdad.......he's an amazing modder IMO and can take your rep to an entirely different level

Bottom line, the answer to your question is subjective so you will get conflicting answers from our members depending on where they are in their "rep careers". One thing I can guarantee you....if you love this hobby this subc will not be your last submariner. Good luck!

Ive indeed done alot research the last days. Spended serveral hours a day actually searching all quality sides and flaws of the vendors around.

Today I found Sead's (BP?) submariner when googling around and it looks very nice indeed.

Ive already figured that some have a wok rehaut, some have a bigger hand dial, some have a misplaced pearl and some are utter crap.

I will most likely go for Andrew's noobmariner. Just one thing. When vendors use the term: noob factory. Does that mean they all get their watches from the same factory? Because Ive found a vendor named Ryan (inTime watches) that sells a noobmariner for a decent price and loads of people have good reviews about him as in quality and fast delivery. Because both Andrew and Ryan use the term "noob factory" I suppose they are actually the same watches?

Besides the noobmariners here is a video of Ryan's latest version subc (not a noobmariner according to him?). It looks very good for a price of 218$

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlCeNNKESJA

Thanks guys for the help. Appreciated.

Edited by Onscreen

• 2 months later...

What a fantastic reply, thank you.

In my very humble opinion, this ought to be a sticky for us beginners at this hobby?

• Like 1