When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian Movements?

BigDD

I am relatively new to this rep hobby.  I am looking to acquire some pam and Rolex pieces.  I noticed that there are a lot of options in terms of movements.  I know that ETA or swiss movements are going to be a lot better then the asian movements.  However, just how unreliable are the asian movements?  is there a huge differences?  Thank you for the expert inputs.

Basically swiss and clones are on par when it comes to design and materials. It is finishing and assembly that differs. Asian movements are usually assembled in dirty environments and are oiled incorrectly (read no oil at all). Usually due to cutting back costs. A service can resolve this. http://www.rwgforum.net/topic/146164-why-i-love-the-asian-7750-and-i-think-it-does-not-get-enough-credits/?hl=%20love%20%207750

Sorry, but Asian movements are not unreliable at all.  Even if I could afford to buy the Swiss movements, I wouldn't bother, as quite frankly, they are a waste of money.  An Asian movement will tell the time just as well as a Swiss movement, and should it eventually go wrong, it is cheaper to replace the entire movement than repair...  They're pretty much disposable, but still a reliable product :good::drinks:

this is definitely very reassuring to know that experts here find the asian movements reliable.  It is definitely cheaper to buy Asian movement reps.... so for me thats a huge consideration, as budget and funds are very limited.  Thanks again to all the experts.

• Like 2

this is definitely very reassuring to know that experts here find the asian movements reliable.  It is definitely cheaper to buy Asian movement reps.... so for me thats a huge consideration, as budget and funds are very limited.  Thanks again to all the experts.

I've honestly never had an issue with an Asian movement which I hadn't caused myself through over-eager tinkering :)