When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to pull the trigger on a v5, some final questions

redroom

After I sold my WBK starter PO and realizing that I now like Omegas I've decided to finally go and pick up a v5. But before that I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a new version (v6?) or better ceramic/liquid metal version expected to come out in the near future? I really love the new gen ceramic PO's but it doesn't seem a rep exists yet. I've seen some talk on it being repped but not sure if this is really expected to happen.

2. Of the v5's I like the black bezel/orange numbers version but I have read somewhere that the orange/orange version seems to have the best QC amongst the three options. Does anyone know if there is truth to this? If so, is it easy to switch bezels back and forth on the v5's?

3. Who is the best dealer to get a v5 from? I've seen that Trevor has a great price but along with the PO I also want to pick up a FM Crazy Hours, which unfortunately he does not have in stock. By change anyone know where I could get a Trevor like price ($140) and who might also have the FM Crazy Hours? I hate ordering just one watch from our TD's - seems like a waste of shipping.

Thanks for thoughts on any of these questions!!!!

1. No Ceramic as yet, should be one out in the next 6 months and then it remains to be seen how good it is. If you really want a PO now you could be waiting a while for that one. Easier to pick up a current one and sell it on later if you don't like it or a nicer one comes along. The current crop of PO reps will always be sought after, as they are they are frankenable and parts available.

2. Go with the one you like, honestly they go through production phases and at one stage there was a bit of a mess up with lume on the black ones, thats all fine now though, all some have said say the orange pearl is a little better than the blacks, I don't believe this is true though, they are all slightly off in that regard. Yes easy to change bezels if needed.

3. Trevor was the go to guy for many with PO's for a while now, he sold them (a2824) at $188 for a long time so was cheaper than most dealers for the same watch. I think his prices have increased by about $20 now but still great value. Alternatively you could try Sead or Hont.

Was thinking Trevor but Not 100% yet because I want to also order a FM at the same time and he doesn't have that watch. So I'll look and see. Wish I could just find one in the sales section but they don't pop as often as I would think considering they are so popular.