When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nightmare lume & dial from Andrew.

asciwhite

Here is the last picture I talked about.

You can see the misalignement @ 12 if you are aware of it..

attachicon.gifP1810363.jpg

Yes now you can definitely see it....but still a bit far to call out.  I tried to rotate the larger images and guess what?  I can't tell with the angle shots.  What one really need is a dial shot straight on to be able to properly review and approve the QC pics.

Also because the pics resolutions are weak, the white and silver can play tricks on you and may come across as 'shadows' when in fact its crappy lume.  

I really hope it helps other people so they dont have to pay the price of an additional rep to get it set straight :)

One of the reasons I love this community we have here ;)

And yes I hope I get it back in mint condition. Its a beautiful watch and it looks like a million bucks in real life..

Yes now you can definitely see it....but still a bit far to call out.  I tried to rotate the larger images and guess what?  I can't tell with the angle shots.  What one really need is a dial shot straight on to be able to properly review and approve the QC pics.

Also because the pics resolutions are weak, the white and silver can play tricks on you and may come across as 'shadows' when in fact its crappy lume.  

And there's the lesson for all of us- a straight on QC picture.  I just bought a Safari and the QC pictures were good but there were marks where the bezel meets the crystal on one side of the watch.  I thought they were only reflections and asked for confirmation.  It came within minutes in the form of a clear, straight ahead picture.  Oh, I'm talking about Ryan.

I don't understand how hard is it to have a square shot of the watch and send it as a QC....All these angular shots in QC's, what for?

A QC shot should be like this one here

IMG_1894.jpg

The best QC shots that I've seen are from Mary and Marvellous Replica both TD's on RWG *the other one*.

Indeed it should be fairly easy and a standard shot for a QC pic...i mean that's what its meant for.    Angular shots from what I have observed tend to increase the chances of missing crookedness and shadows covering up messy lume.

I have always liked and trusted Andrew (and Josh) and they have always done well by me. But as regards Noob pieces (AP's, PAM's, etc.) these guys clearly have less access to priduct (or maybe in a fight with them?). I suspect (and it is only a suspicion) that an Angus or Toro has more latitude with the Noob factories. Clearly, Angus does as he (unlike Andrew or Josh) is actually on the ground in China and has a much more direct dialogue. And since all the power is now with the factories as regards to who gets what and who has return priviledges I would opt for one of the Noob dealers..