When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nightmare lume & dial from Andrew.

asciwhite

How much do a full relume cost at our esteemed relumers?

I got a really sloppy lumed and misaligned markers @ 12. And I don`t want to risk shipping it back, to many losses in the mail that way.

Do you think this is something that can be saved or am I screwed. All the QC pics I got cleverly disguised the flaws with the angle of the camera.

And is any of the relumers read this. Can you give me an estimate and waiting period to get this done? reluming and aligning.

It also have really dirty hands in the light..

Now I am going to bed to read and forget about this for a little while..

post-21269-0-13447300-1357690923_thumb.j

post-21269-0-75055500-1357690927_thumb.j

post-21269-0-73902100-1357690919_thumb.j

post-21269-0-00721000-1357690930_thumb.j

Geez,

looks like the AP Diver latest batch is like game of luck. some are good some are bad :( 

It happened to my PAM111 from puretime too. The hands are so dirty, so I googled how to open it , and open + clean it by myself.
Dont risk it to send it back. just do it your self.

This piggy is going back to Andrew

He refuses to give me a new watch and will give me a refund minus the shipping costs.

F*** it I will get it from another dealer with better QC..

To be acceptable it needs a full relume on the rotating ring.

One of the markers on the dial is damaged (Scrathed) + the misalignment

The lume is blobby and uneven.

I dont want to ship it back but it looks like my only option. I dont have any local watchmakers here in the mountains...

This piggy is going back to Andrew   He refuses to give me a new watch and will give me a refund minus the shipping costs.     F*** it I will get it from another dealer with better QC..
I don't know why they would send this crap out knowing you're a member here and you're going to share your bad experience.good luck with the next one.

Here is the deal.... Andrew refuses me to get a new watch. He says I will only get the price of the watch minus the shipping costs in return.

So instead of loosing $45 in shipping from him + $55 in shipping to china.

This watch will go on a spa treatment and get better.

I am a bit irritated at Andrew, and I said to him he should be ashamed to send this quality watch out to customers.

I am not a welcome customer anymore at his shop! I have only been nice in my mails to him and this is what I get.

Here is the deal.... Andrew refuses me to get a new watch. He says I will only get the price of the watch minus the shipping costs in return.   So instead of loosing $45 in shipping from him + $55 in shipping to china.   This watch will go on a spa treatment and get better.   I am a bit irritated at Andrew, and I said to him he should be ashamed to send this quality watch out to customers.   I am not a welcome customer anymore at his shop! I have only been nice in my mails to him and this is what I get.
Mate that's bloody awful customer service.may be contact hikeusa to find out wre he got his watch.might work out cheaper to het anther better one.at least It will be on you're wrist sooner.

Allready booked spa treatment with waterproofing regulating and full relume :)

Cost me a pretty penny but the watch will be AOK when it returns.. And it will be a keeper.

This comes from Andrew? Trustytime?! Since when did he start to sell these? It doesn't look good indeed. And the reason why he doesn't want to replace might be the fact that he doesn't get noob watches from the factory, he uses a middle man due to his bad relationship with the noob maker. Might be that but I don't know.

Get one from Angus, Toro or RyanWayer is what I would say... And accept the refund.

I have talked to Andrew again, and he apologizes to me and offered to refund me $30 after I said I would send the watch out for reluming.

I told him he could keep the money. Just remeber to be more vigilant with QC on the n00b products. He said he won`t deal with n00b products much longer because of QC issues.

Of late I have had issues with Andrew as well. But he has managed to keep my business just by the skin of his teeth, when at the very last he has mended things. Problem with this is the valuable time one loses and money to send the watch back to him and wait for a replacement for 6 weeks!! 

Hope you end up with a good product at the end. 

• Like 1

Sure I can. Hang on!

You see from the angle of the camera its hard to see misalignment on the problem area @ 12 and the bad lume on the "50" plus the damaged marker.

You can see it on the last picture only if you are aware of the problem.

post-21269-0-61637100-1357918919_thumb.j

post-21269-0-12457600-1357918920_thumb.j

post-21269-0-67310300-1357918920_thumb.j

post-21269-0-67555300-1357918921_thumb.j

post-21269-0-60883200-1357918922_thumb.j

post-21269-0-14605400-1357918923_thumb.j

Sneaky buggers, Hmm this was intentional. Not good not good at all what did they think you would not notice, just a big f**k you in shipping that. White hopefully it will come back in great form but you should not of had to have had to do it,those are not cheap reps. I guess they are so busy that they don't care if a board member gets pissed figure we can all take a hike.

Yes. From the QC pics this should be a good piece...

I was gutted when I examined it on arrival.

To me it also seems like they knew about the problems, and masked it with the photography angles & light.