When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Aquaracer 500M Rep..help!

Guest lionheart

Guest lionheart

hello!i am new in tag forum replica and i need help!

i want to buy Aquaracer 500m because i hear  its close to gen..

so from where?

i must go with swiss eta 2824 or SW200 movement?are original movements?

the lume is good?

thanks

hello!i am new in tag forum replica and i need help!

i want to buy Aquaracer 500m because i hear  its close to gen..

so from where?

i must go with swiss eta 2824 or SW200 movement?are original movements?

the lume is good?

thanks

Hey, I am not a Tag expert but from my understanding the replica is very close to the gen, and I do think that the gen uses either the eta 2824 or the SW 200 but call it the Calibre 5 movement.  I know our dealers say that they have the original tag movements in them and those ones have the SW200.  I am not sure about the lume, it is probably typical replica lume though.

There is one being sold in the sales thread, if you want to go that route and if not any trusted dealer should have them too.

Hope this helps.

+1 on the lume, its not the best  :huh: I did however have mine relumed by Vac and he made an awesome job of it, well worth the wait too!

This is the version I bought with A2824, it's been great and keeps good time too

http://puretime.co/product/aquaracer-500m-calibre-5-ss-black-dial-on-steel-bracelet-a2824/

Mine says hello.....

1-IMG_1106.jpg

Borrowed Vac lume shot too

500m.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, I'm interested in this TAG model but what about the water resistance?

Is it possible to go swimming with it or not?

I saw on a TD's website a model waterproof from factory to 30m, but I read different opinions on what this actually means.

Thanks for any answer.

Edited by flashn3

Hi guys, I'm interested in this TAG model but what about the water resistance?

Is it possible to go swimming with it or not?

I saw on a TD's website a model waterproof from factory to 30m, but I read different opinions on what this actually means.

Thanks for any answer.

Modder / watch repair technician Vaccum tested my 500M and it passed at 7ATM depth. Please remember that Sgt.Guk's watch and my watch are modded .. hundreds of dollars of mods. The watch from the replica factory will not look this good.

Let me say that modern, high quality replicas that you will buy from the trusted dealers here are **supposed to be** waterproof but the bad quality control at the Chinese factories can leave off a gasket or not tighten a case back, and then your waterproof watch is full of water. Always check a watch with an inexpensive water resistance test. Vaccum will test a watch and repair minor leaks for around 40-50 US dollars.

post-22602-0-13551300-1364242387_thumb.j