When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this Bracelet Clasp Correct?

panerai153

When I bought my gen 16750 about 7-8 years ago, it came on a pretty nice 78360 bracelet w/ 580 end links. I didn't really pay much attention to the clasp at first, it looked OK to me. Well a few weeks later,  I was photographing the watch and I noticed that the clasp was not a 78360, rather a 62510H "A" serial. This has worried me for a while, and I finally decided to find a proper clasp.I bought one from a fellow on the VRF. Turned out it was a "H" serial which is what  I needed to match my watch's birth year. He asked me about the clasp that was on the watch, possibly interested in a part trade. I sent him some scans and he emailed me back that it looked like the bracelet was put together from parts, as the other blade of the clasp was marked 2 66 with the 2 on top and the 66 below. His reasoning was genuine Rolex clasps were only stamped on one blade.  I didn't argue with him, although i had just seen a clasp on the VRM a couple of days before that was marked 1 69 same place with the same configuration. Is mine genuine and all from Rolex as the same clasp, or is mine a "pieced together" clasp?

Here are  photos.

post-327-0-06224000-1357866533_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-56752000-1357866545_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-31503100-1357866557_thumb.jpg 

Freddy,

The date stamp is on one leaf, the other leaf has the model# 62510H and the "A" serial. Looking at the Bracelet and Endlink guide, it looks liie the "A" serial was from 1976, so if the 2 66 is a date stamp, they would have to be from 2 bracelets