When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seamaster Pro Chrono

Cavester

Excellent follow up and information, I wish they were all this easy...

Most likely the pusher arm that starts and stops the chrono is defective, or for some reason not pushing the chrono cam enough.

Have you tried pressing on the actual lever and see how it works, vs using the case pushers, does it "click" into each chrono position, i.e. start and stop...

When you press the "top" or left lever in your picture, you should feel nice crisp clicks as the cam switches.

Depending on your experience and skills you may be able to fix it, or get someone locally to fix it, it certainly does not warrant return to China for this problem...

RG

Thanks,

Yes top button clicks very crisp when pressed and starts and stops the chrono as planned.

I have no tools to take the back off so am unable to discover if my theory is true by moving the arm instead of using the case pushers. Have you any tips on how to get the back off without specialoist tools? At least then I could have a look.

Cheers,

Lee.

Have you any tips on how to get the back off without specialoist tools? At least then I could have a look.

This i can answer the other questions are going way over my head.

You can use a rubber glove wich you press against the back and then start turning.

Dukt tape is also used, make a ball off dukt tape, stick it at the back and again start turning.

Or use a sticky ball wich you can obtain from Narikaa when you purchase a watch.

Thanks,

Yes top button clicks very crisp when pressed and starts and stops the chrono as planned.

I have no tools to take the back off so am unable to discover if my theory is true by moving the arm instead of using the case pushers. Have you any tips on how to get the back off without specialoist tools? At least then I could have a look.

Cheers,

Lee.

Eventhough the top button is working from the outside, I suspect it's not fully acutating the pusher on the movement...

Even if you do open it, it's going to take some work to get it fixed, it may be best to simply get a local watchmaker to take care of it...

RG