When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Watch Crystals Ar Possible?

fotoman

so, why is it we can't just get watch crystals from here http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html for the omegas. I mean, maybe the watch we have has a different crystal than the gen, but they probably make one in that size don't they?

and wouldn't it come with the proper AR coat? i mean for 25 bucks, its way cheaper than sending it off to AR

specifically i am wondering about 45mm POs

so, why is it we can't just get watch crystals from here http://www.ofrei.com/page_168.html for the omegas. I mean, maybe the watch we have has a different crystal than the gen, but they probably make one in that size don't they?

and wouldn't it come with the proper AR coat? i mean for 25 bucks, its way cheaper than sending it off to AR

specifically i am wondering about 45mm POs

It's SOOO weird that you posted this. I was literally just on Ofrei this morning wondering exactly the same thing. If you check again, though, you'll see that there's an AR'ed version of the crystal down the page that's way more expensive. The inference being that the ones you're talking about do not have AR.

We've got to come up with a good way of cheaply addressing the AR problem. It drives me absolutely nuts. Maybe there already is a good solution, but I'm just not aware of it. I'm not really into Pams, but don't they come with decent AR?

One thing I don't get, is if the factories put 'light' AR on the crystals....why not bump the price of reps up 20 bucks and do it right? You're already 'applying' the AR...so why not apply it well? I mean, if they weren't doing the AR at all, okay, I could maybe understand...but to do it poorly? It doesn't make much sense to me.

It's SOOO weird that you posted this. I was literally just on Ofrei this morning wondering exactly the same thing. If you check again, though, you'll see that there's an AR'ed version of the crystal down the page that's way more expensive. The inference being that the ones you're talking about do not have AR.

We've got to come up with a good way of cheaply addressing the AR problem. It drives me absolutely nuts. Maybe there already is a good solution, but I'm just not aware of it. I'm not really into Pams, but don't they come with decent AR?

One thing I don't get, is if the factories put 'light' AR on the crystals....why not bump the price of reps up 20 bucks and do it right? You're already 'applying' the AR...so why not apply it well? I mean, if they weren't doing the AR at all, okay, I could maybe understand...but to do it poorly? It doesn't make much sense to me.

must have been your avatar looking over your shoulder - nice catch

hey PB have you checked out this place ..

crystals ..

that looks fantastic, have you ordered from there?