When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Kaufmann straps?

cougar1

Anybody hear of Kaufmann straps? They are a top brand strap maker up there with Camille Fournet/abp/Sirtoli etc and used to make oem Lange straps. I heard of them before but didn't pay much attention, but heard recently that they make oem IWC straps and can be bought online, at least some of them anyway, pilot chronos/marks/portofinos.

Just wondering if anyone had any feedback. They aren't cheap, but quality looks outstanding, some are available here:

http://www.stetefeld-design.de/uhrenarmbaender/nach-uhrenmarken/lederbaender-fuer-iwc/complication.htm

http://www.stetefeld-design.de/uhrenarmbaender/nach-uhrenmarken/lederbaender-fuer-iwc/swiss-carre-sce.htm

Edit: added pics:

700-06.jpg

490.jpg

Edited by cougar1

Though I doubt the Lange angle (I believe Camille Fournet used to make them), Kaufmann does manufacture straps for various higher end Swiss brands. I own two Kaufmann straps, an ostrich and a custom made black alligator. Both are very good quality, the alligator is excellent. Imo easily on par or even better than all OEM straps I have handled so far at very competetive prices. Go for it, you won't be disappointed!

Cheers wiesn, good to hear about the quality of the alligator vs oem. I'm seriously tempted, but again Camille Fournet are so popular and also sell straps somewhat reasonably priced (expensive though with custom addons).

Do you have any old pics of the Kaufmann alligator you have?